The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
17 and a half these days. You can start sitting aptitude tests at 16 but no heading off to training until 17 1/2.
And the extra supervision requirements, in places that are designed for it, are annoying as fuck.
16 years and 6 months according to these chaps: https://www.defencejobs.gov.au/joining/can-i-join/age-and-gender

that also goes for the Navy and Air Force which presumably means the spotty P-plate fuckers could be driving F-18’s and battleships before they can buy schooners. It’s an outrage, I tells ya!

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
16 years and 6 months according to these chaps: https://www.defencejobs.gov.au/joining/can-i-join/age-and-gender

that also goes for the Navy and Air Force which presumably means the spotty P-plate fuckers could be driving F-18’s and battleships before they can buy schooners. It’s an outrage, I tells ya!
You want to lower the drinking age? All ancient history but a good mate had Queen Elizabeth pay for his aero engineering degree. He said kids were flying solo but had to have a passenger in a car because they were on Ls.

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt

You know that backed me up right? You can apply at 16, but can't head off until training until17.5. Confirmed with the wifey who does ADF physch recruitment work, no-one's getting on the bus until 17 and a half.
Not that any of this matters except to amplify that having kids anywhere adds burden, and at least teh ADF has systems in place to deal with those, rather than just coming up with the idea on the fly...

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
That's rich coming from the #LNPshitstains.... #ScrotuMo was essentially parachuted into his seat of Cook, aided by Lord rupert #Turdoch publishing 4 or more demolition-pieces in the Telegraph, destroying the reputation of the candidate Michael Towke, who was easily beating #ScrotuMo in pre-selection, before pre-selection was interfered with by the party state executive, AFAIK. #ScrotuMo shouldn't even be in parliament, FFS.

Last edited:

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
If Bettina Arndt can roll up and get an award why shouldn’t Grace Tame?

What’s more insulting, Grace Tame not showing respect to a PM who doesn’t respect Australians or Arndt interviewing the man who raped Grace Tame and painting him as a victim?

The whole things a shitshow.