What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Delayed post of the Thredbo trip on the weekend. Chairs on Saturday, not overly crowded, put down some good runs on everything except Canonnball which is just hell for me on my bike, was chasing Ross all day on his Titan. A Thredbo first timer joined us on Saturday and did really well, loved it. Had a blast, kept the rubber side down and rode the first half of TVT on Sunday to stretch the legs. Here's a few pics.

The crew on Friday Flat.

Cold water dip after a hot day of riding.

My that is a long bike you have there Ross!

Lake Jindabyne was a little bit high.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
** MA15 Dad bod crash pics at the end of this post**

Rode a couple of trails that I assumed were there, but have never been on the right bike to find out. Bumped into a couple kids while working out where I'd missed a turn. Younger was quite surprised that I was riding all the way in to the city.

Sorted what I needed to sort at the bike shop and went on an adventure! Wasn't planning on going up Lofty, but I missed a turn going up next to the old freeway and ended halfway back down the gully.

One thing I didn't miss was the 4 inch deep rut about 10mins away from getting back to the cabin. Flying down the hill at about 35kmh and the bike jinked into it. Hit the dirt shoulder first, and smacked my head into the ground. Not hard enough to crack my helmet, but hard enough to need a new one. But I honestly thought I'd broken my collar bone because I could feel grinding when was working out what body parts were still attached. Sucked up a big cup of concrete and rode the last little bit back. Mrs George Does. Not. drive in Adelaide so it was into an Uber and off to Flinders. X-rays show nothing broken, but fuck me it hurts.

Bike needs it bars straightened, and one of the shifters has been rotated, but I'll check it over tomorrow.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland

Rode a couple of trails that I assumed were there, but have never been on the right bike to find out. Bumped into a couple kids while working out where I'd missed a turn. Younger was quite surprised that I was riding all the way in to the city.

View attachment 385411

Sorted what I needed to sort at the bike shop and went on an adventure! Wasn't planning on going up Lofty, but I missed a turn going up next to the old freeway and ended halfway back down the gully.

View attachment 385413

View attachment 385414

View attachment 385412

One thing I didn't miss was the 4 inch deep rut about 10mins away from getting back to the cabin. Flying down the hill at about 35kmh and the bike jinked into it. Hit the dirt shoulder first, and smacked my head into the ground. Not hard enough to crack my helmet, but hard enough to need a new one. But I honestly thought I'd broken my collar bone because I could feel grinding when was working out what body parts were still attached. Sucked up a big cup of concrete and rode the last little bit back. Mrs George Does. Not. drive in Adelaide so it was into an Uber and off to Flinders. X-rays show nothing broken, but fuck me it hurts.

Bike needs it bars straightened, and one of the shifters has been rotated, but I'll check it over tomorrow.

View attachment 385415

View attachment 385416
That's some serious bark off.

Heal up.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
One thing I didn't miss was the 4 inch deep rut about 10mins away from getting back to the cabin. Flying down the hill at about 35kmh and the bike jinked into it.
See what happens when a flat earther finds some hills ;)

Happy healing mate, going to be sore tomorrow.

Can only guess this was on the last of Belair fenceline descent, adjacent to Upper Sturt Rd ?
Lucky bloke you didn't break anything, that's a fast section and the ruts are deep.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered

View attachment 385411

View attachment 385413

View attachment 385414

View attachment 385412

View attachment 385415

View attachment 385416
Geez mate. You should have come and ridden with me. No ruts up the Alpe, and the heft of the Saris H3 makes for a very stable, upright position.

Cardy George

See what happens when a flat earther finds some hills ;)

Happy healing mate, going to be sore tomorrow.

Can only guess this was on the last of Belair fenceline descent, adjacent to Upper Sturt Rd ?
Lucky bloke you didn't break anything, that's a fast section and the ruts are deep.
That's the place. I'd had enough climbing for the day and was looking forward to the run down. :rolleyes:

So far it's no worse than when I left the hospital yesterday, but I haven't done anything yet. When we still thought it was broken Mrs George booked an extra day here, that is helping a lot as we would be trying to pack right now.

Cardy George