Little Things You Hate

cammas

Seamstress
LTIH hot weather and digging in the garden, I have finished my side yard just need to put up some fences, so while I ponder which exact timber I’m going to use I’ve started leveling the main front yard. Every time I lift up the weed matting on what thought was reasonably flat section,I find the wood chips covering it are 15-30 centimetres deep hiding another hole to fill. Now I know how some guys feel when they wake up to the woman from last night and now she looks like someone else, as she has no make up on.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
LTIH hot weather and digging in the garden, I have finished my side yard just need to put up some fences, so while I ponder which exact timber I’m going to use I’ve started leveling the main front yard. Every time I lift up the weed matting on what thought was reasonably flat section,I find the wood chips covering it are 15-30 centimetres deep hiding another hole to fill. Now I know how some guys feel when they wake up to the woman from last night and now she looks like someone else, as she has no make up on.
Always leave early

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Cafe where you order via QR page, pay via that page and defaults to a 5% tip. What service am i tipping for at that stage?
I hate all this 3rd party qr ordering/paying shit. Talk about over complicating something that should be a pretty simple process. I don't want to create a new account at every cafe I go to just to buy a coffee by filtering money to them via another source.

Rusty_68

say no to ooogamaflap
Film promos that try to entice you with "Oscar nominated" actor/director/shithouse janitor.

Remind me to ask if I am being served by 'employee of the month' next time in KFC?

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Film promos that try to entice you with "Oscar nominated" actor/director/shithouse janitor.

Remind me to ask if I am being served by 'employee of the month' next time in KFC?
It always makes me think of when a car wins [insert motoring review publication]'s "Car of the Year".

Guaranteed in about 3 years time, the winner turns out to be one of the biggest lemons of their model year.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
LTIH:

Scumtree.
I have something listed for free, collection only.

Scummie: Can I grab it on Saturday?
Me: sure
S: actually, can I grab it Monday? I have to take the bus from Wendouree. (Low socio-economic area)
Me: no probs
S: can you meet me in the CBD?
Me: n....o...

Fuck off, it's free.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
LTIH:

Scumtree.

S: actually, can I grab it Monday? I have to take the bus from Wendouree. (Low socio-economic area)

Fuck off, it's free.
Scumtree. Attracting Scumbags since....always.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
LTIH:

Scumtree.

Fuck off, it's free.
Ha, we had a cupboard we were giving away for free. Put heaps of photos and detailed description that it was in fair condition.

Message that they wanted to inspect it, it’s a free cupboard look at the photos, it won’t look any differenent when you come to look at it.

Never heard back.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I have been pretty lucky but I am pretty careful but looking for some specific brand alloy wheels. Arsehats who put decent brand names in their ad so shitbox specials come up, 69.5% have rim damage, 13% with 'one rim has a crack but it is ok', 89% are overpriced, 34% are "style" and genuine seem to be 2x retail. Faaaaaark.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Ha, we had a cupboard we were giving away for free. Put heaps of photos and detailed description that it was in fair condition.

Message that they wanted to inspect it, it’s a free cupboard look at the photos, it won’t look any differenent when you come to look at it.

Never heard back.
Sometimes its just easier to take a sledgehammer to it rather than deal with people.

ozzybmx

That's why my shed is full of crap, I don't have the time or patience to deal with fuckwits. Every few years, I just do a tip run and throw most things out, then of course a few years later I realise that I need to rebuy what I threw out.
I'll take a run at it occasionally, fuckwit extravaganza with listing a load of shit on Scumtree, been a few years though and not feeling the urge at this present moment even know I had a garage clear out today.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Sometimes its just easier to take a sledgehammer to it rather than deal with people.
That's why my shed is full of crap, I don't have the time or patience to deal with fuckwits. Every few years, I just do a tip run and throw most things out, then of course a few years later I realise that I need to rebuy what I threw out.
I try to do the right and avoid more stuff in landfill. Donation places (salvos, vinnies etc) are super picky and not worth the effort.

Tried a local place that takes items for refugees, people not well off but run by volunteers and never got a call back. Can’t remember what happened to that particular cupboard but we had some taken by a local Lions centre and others were sledgehammered.

ozzybmx

I try to do the right and avoid more stuff in landfill.
I just removed a load of old leadlight and brass light shades from our storage area today, about 8-9 in total. It would be a shit thing to smash and dump them as they are probably worth money to the right person... though I want them gone for free.

Still considering my options, took a pic to put on the local page for free but want them all gone to 1 pick up. Not posted yet as I cant be arsed with people calling today.

Minlak

custom titis
Cafe where you order via QR page, pay via that page and defaults to a 5% tip. What service am i tipping for at that stage?
I hate all this 3rd party qr ordering/paying shit. Talk about over complicating something that should be a pretty simple process. I don't want to create a new account at every cafe I go to just to buy a coffee by filtering money to them via another source.
The app itself that I have had to use so far takes a fee for using the App and then wants a tip - I am with you on this - So far you have usually demanded to see my vax status and pointed me vaguely in the direction of the seating I am allowed and yet while I am doing my own ordering and research you want a tip already? - Also fuck tips in general you already geta wage this American bullshit people have weaseled into everyday life shits me no end

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I dont mind tips when they go above and beyond. Great service, delivery on wet njght or holiday. Expecting it for just doing the bare minimum is something best left in places where servers dont get livable minimum wages. Not a great solution there either but necessary.

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Americans work for their tips. Table service, checking in if foods ok, any more drinks, fresh cutlery the second a kid throws one on the floor.
Aussie hospitality is walking into an empty restaurant, getting some menus yourself, and being told to order at the counter when you're ready by some nonchalant 17yr old who doesn't look up from their phone.
Getting suggested tips at those places annoys me. I'm happy to pay 20% or more if I visit the US though.

And scumtree (or fb market). Omg. Gave away some baby furniture recently. 34 messages. 10 or so actual conversations. 4 people who said they'd come get it. 2 who actually showed up. 1 of these was taking a cot, but then only wanted the sides because he was using it for a puppy pen. It's more work giving stuff away than disposing of it.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I try to do the right and avoid more stuff in landfill. Donation places (salvos, vinnies etc) are super picky and not worth the effort.

Tried a local place that takes items for refugees, people not well off but run by volunteers and never got a call back. Can’t remember what happened to that particular cupboard but we had some taken by a local Lions centre and others were sledgehammered.
A lot of the recyclable stuff gets separated in the tips here.
I just removed a load of old leadlight and brass light shades from our storage area today, about 8-9 in total. It would be a shit thing to smash and dump them as they are probably worth money to the right person... though I want them gone for free.

Still considering my options, took a pic to put on the local page for free but want them all gone to 1 pick up. Not posted yet as I cant be arsed with people calling today.
You don't have those mobile scrap merchants in crow country? They pay more money than taking it in yourself here, you just got to watch that they don't come back and steal everything.