COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

dazz

Downhill Dazz
Huh???
82% of our entire population has had at least 1 dose, that leaves 4.7 million (mostly children) un-vaccinated.
51 million doses and almost no-one to give them to... Probably let them sit in storage til they expire then throw them out.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Oh we are a greedy nation of arseholes. He has been asked to share those doses with poor countries and said no, despite having begged others to help us last year. What a simple minded piece of shit.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
As someone who was involved in handling round hay bales stacked up to 3 high in my early teenage years in the family farm, I’d agree. Never held a fork license in my life.

Maybe 18 down to 16yo is ok?. The licensing guys will have a field day.

But big picture, why the fuck is this muppet scomo getting involved in low level nitty gritty changes to make up for his massive policy fuck ups that dump this nation in this shit storm.
I get your point, but growing up and working as you do on a family farm is a bit different to being a Woolies shelf packer and moving to warehouse driving forklifts, for a start there's all the other people you can kill which was a lot less on the farm. Same with an Uber driver suddenly driving a truck, it's a recipe for disaster, and besides where will they get all the trainers to qualify these kids?

Your last point hits the nail on the head.

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
i was just paraphrasing somone else who thought they were doing a stand out job.

my thoughts on it have been fairly well covered.
Moi? Flattered you remember!

For clarity. Didn't say they're doing a stand out job, and don't agree with all the current covid policy decisions. I thought I just argued that removing some of the covid restrictions shouldn't be construed as "ScoMo is an arse making my life more risky!" (paraphrasing of course)

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
I thought I just argued that removing some of the covid restrictions shouldn't be construed as "ScoMo is an arse making my life more risky!" (paraphrasing of course)
this isn't an opinion, it's fact. Every restriction removed that puts people back into the community without the resources to conduct the relevant tests or enforce the rules surrounding the outcomes of the tests while those people are still potentially contagious IS making EVERYONE's lives riskier. Ask a nurse or a doctor how those changes are working out in their work places.

Flow-Rider

Burner
this isn't an opinion, it's fact. Every restriction removed that puts people back into the community without the resources to conduct the relevant tests or enforce the rules surrounding the outcomes of the tests while those people are still potentially contagious IS making EVERYONE's lives riskier. Ask a nurse or a doctor how those changes are working out in their work places.
If only China had placed restrictions on their border at the start, the world would be a different place right now.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Just 22,000 odd kms of land borders to police. How hard could it be?
Letting it spread through transport systems all over the world wasn't a good start, Australia closed it borders and states look how many cases we had here compared to letting it rip, just proves that it works.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
I’ve seen only 2 humans in the flesh in the last 6 days.
Each on their own for a ride.
Both have just let me know they each tested positive.

Wait, not quite true..saw @Mattyp from a distance to collect a bike bag. Any news from you, mate? :oops:
Haven't you got a bunker or something you can hide in until the TT?