What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

ausdb

Being who he is
A delayed what did you do from last week
Did some essential maintenance on Mr 10's bike, as the complaining from him was louder than the creaking from his chain.
A quick dropper service (undo collar apply some slickoleum and a little bit of fork oil on the wiper) it now goes up and down without sticking halfway, winning.
Start to lube the chain and notice a cracked link, search for another quick link and a bit of chain but Mr 10 says Dad there's more, gave up counting after about four. Serves me right for re using an old chain off my roadie but he also has a bad habit of taking off in the highest gear and trying to shift at the same time. Found a whole good secondhand chain and popped that on.

Put the fourtimer rack together finally after waiting ages for them to get a replacement part with the shitty welding. They had offered to take it back and get a holdup plus extra 2 but there was no stock so couldn't bo bothered waiting longer.

Took my son and his mate for a ride, we started at the Altone Park dirt jumps but they are way above my skill level on an old school XC bike that I had stupidly decided to fit an old school stem to the other day. I would rather not break my neck plus there was a guy riding round on a dirt bike so we packed up and went to the Dianella BMX facility.

The pump track was full of little kids and scooters so we mainly rode the skills trail, which doesn't get anywhere near the same amount of usage which is sad considering the amount of money that went into building it. I must remember to find a shorter stem before I take the old girl out again.

Last edited:

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
A delayed what did you do from last week
Did some essential maintenance on Mr 10's bike, as the complaining from him was louder than the creaking from his chain.
A quick dropper service (undo collar apply some slickoleum and a little bit of fork oil on the wiper) it now goes up and down without sticking halfway, winning.
Start to lube the chain and notice a cracked link, search for another quick link and a but of chain but Mr 10 says Dad there's more, gave up counting after about four. Serves me right for re usiing an old chain off my roadie but he also has a bad habit of taking off in the highet gear and trying to shift at the same time. Found a whole chain and popped that on.
View attachment 384974

Put the fourtimer rack together finally after waiting ages for them to get a replacement part with the shitty welding. They had offered to take it back and get a holdup plus extra 2 but there was no stock so couldn't bo bothered waiting longer.

View attachment 384975

Took my son and his mate for a ride, we started at the Altone Park dirt jumps but they are way above my skill level on an old school XC bike that I had stupidly decided to fit an old school stem to the other day. I would rather not break my neck plus there was a guy riding round on a dirt bike so we packed up and went to the Dianella BMX facility.
View attachment 384976

The pump track was full of little kids and scooters so we mainly rode the skills trail, which doesn't get anywhere near the same amount of usage which is sad considering the amount of money that went into building it. I must remember to find a shorter stem before I take the old girl out again.
View attachment 384977
That wood ramp on the left looks to have a bit of height to it!

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Between nights, a bit groggy, only one to go.

Down to the garage and restored the silky smooth plushness to my DVO fork, lower leg serviced my Onyx, #1's Lyrik and #2's Pike.

Stripped down and serviced my sticky-filthy OneUp dropper and fitted 2 new DHR II's to my Deviate.

Ride tomorrow.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Between nights, a bit groggy, only one to go.

Down to the garage and restored the silky smooth plushness to my DVO fork, lower leg serviced my Onyx, #1's Lyrik and #2's Pike.

Stripped down and serviced my sticky-filthy OneUp dropper and fitted 2 new DHR II's to my Deviate.

Ride tomorrow.
Still working on the OTT clamp, getting the 3d printer working properly is trickier than expected. If you need it in the next couple of weeks buy it, if you can wait a bit longer then I'll have it in the post.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Still working on the OTT clamp, getting the 3d printer working properly is trickier than expected. If you need it in the next couple of weeks buy it, if you can wait a bit longer then I'll have it in the post.
I am in no rush, I made a few adjustments in Tassie and moved it from 6 to up 9 of 12 increments.

No rush at all.

Cheers :)

smaj

Likes Dirt
Quick loop of the front of Stromlo, even the trails that aren't closed are flogged.
I read on FB that the top part of trails (Trebuchet, Vapour, etc.) down to the container are all closed. I'm guessing they're all also wrecked? Top half of Pork Barrel too?

Scotty T

Walks the walk
I read on FB that the top part of trails (Trebuchet, Vapour, etc.) down to the container are all closed. I'm guessing they're all also wrecked? Top half of Pork Barrel too?
Yep, that's why we did Skyline and Luge, they are doing reoairs on all the others.

crash3

Likes Dirt
Gave the bike a good wash yesterday, with the help of miss 2. Thought I'd gotten all the clay (bar that on the tyres) immediately after my ride on Friday, but the drivetrain still had a bit on it. A good clean and lube and miss 2 wanted to go for a ride, so I chucked the Macride on and had a short spurt around the block.
Now that she's happy to jump on the new bike, I'll be getting rid of the old hard-tail, as space in the shed is at an absolute premium.

LPG

likes thicc birds
Yep, that's why we did Skyline and Luge, they are doing reoairs on all the others.
That's not what I wanted to hear, I just.organused a last minute camping trip to near stromlo from Aus day. Thought we.would.do something closer to the illawarra than usual to take away the pain of travel with little people.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
That's not what I wanted to hear, I just.organused a last minute camping trip to near stromlo from Aus day. Thought we.would.do something closer to the illawarra than usual to take away the pain of travel with little people.
It kinda sounded like they weren't keeping them closed for long and work was happening over the weekend. Then it just decided to piss down again all day today :(

• Sad
Reactions: LPG

LPG

likes thicc birds
It kinda sounded like they weren't keeping them closed for long and work was happening over the weekend. Then it just decided to piss down again all day today :(
Working in the trails is perfect in the rain but it doesn't always get people out there...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
They know where it's at...shuttle up, ride down. Perhaps ask @ozzybmx if you guys can borrow his wife for a few days?

I rode my bike to coffee. I rode my bike to the beach. I rode my bike around the harbour I rode my bike to lunch. I rode my bike to the shops. I rode my bike to work. I rode my bike to the shops. I rode my bike home. I rode my bike a fair bit today, bit very little of it was what I wanted to do...

Yesterday however I spent a few hours on the dirt. I even rode it off some sweet jumps.