What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Minlak

custom titis
I’d have no idea how to check that and no fucks to give it. It’s got a fire road that runs beside 1/2 the segment with twisty single track before if joins back into berms and jumps. I think that clicks in as segment if you’re cheeky…but I know guys a ton faster than him up and down who’ve also tried the cheat line, and are well back. It’s not even believable fudging :p
As you say, it’s useful for comparing your own times, and that’s all I’m trying it for.

View attachment 384953
At least you are already in the running for the worst attempt to hide the names award for the year - Its good to get a strong effort on the board early in the year really make people strive to do worse :)

Last edited:

Flow-Rider

Burner
I’d have no idea how to check that and no fucks to give it. It’s got a fire road that runs beside 1/2 the segment with twisty single track before if joins back into berms and jumps. I think that clicks in as segment if you’re cheeky…but I know guys a ton faster than him up and down who’ve also tried the cheat line, and are well back. It’s not even believable fudging :p
As you say, it’s useful for comparing your own times, and that’s all I’m trying it for.

View attachment 384953
If you really wanted to piss him off, you could flag their KOM, and they lose it. They'll get a message that someone flagged their ride and if they think it was ligit they can reinstate it but just flag it again, it's all done anonymously. ;)

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I rode it across town and had coffee and a big smokey lunch. Then I rode it home. And now I am going to ride it to work.

Even just looking at it is making me sweat.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A guy on our Saturday social ride almost cost me 18 months training and $5000+ in trip expenses, 2 weeks out of the TransTas today. I’m rolling down the Mt Buninyong bitumen road, beside a mate at about 50km. Dude, on an ebike, barrels through between us at about 70km. Hits the other guy, bounces off, hits me in the wrist with his bars, I almost go into the trees at high speed (or face first onto bitumen)
I tore him a new one, abused the fuck outta him for being an utter fuckwit. He said one pretend sorry, so I ripped in again, saying to stick it up his arse, the fuckwit c$&t.
For context, he’s done this a few times over the years, between bouts of sexist, racist and homophobic comments about people we pass on a ride. I haven’t punched in anger since Y8…I came close today.
Just hit him in the throat next time you get near him.
The world's tough enough without cretins like that using up resources...

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
A guy on our Saturday social ride almost cost me 18 months training and $5000+ in trip expenses, 2 weeks out of the TransTas today.
I was shitting bricks after our last arvo group ride. Bloke in our workshop tested positive to COVID, getting his results back the morning after we rode. I hadn't really been worried about it because he's been off sick a bunch of times this year, has got tested, and hasn't had COVID - so we were all pretty nonchalant about it until he got the 'positive' result back. Luckily he hadn't been in since the Friday prior, and the rest of us tested clear for the rest of the week - but still felt way too close. I think I'll next catch up with you after the TransTas mate... Don't want to be be "that guy" that gives you the plague cough days out from your planned trip, and that felt waaaaay too close as it was. o_O

moorey

call me Mia
I was shitting bricks after our last arvo group ride. Bloke in our workshop tested positive to COVID, getting his results back the morning after we rode. I hadn't really been worried about it because he's been off sick a bunch of times this year, has got tested, and hasn't had COVID - so we were all pretty nonchalant about it until he got the 'positive' result back. Luckily he hadn't been in since the Friday prior, and the rest of us tested clear for the rest of the week - but still felt way too close. I think I'll next catch up with you after the TransTas mate... Don't want to be be "that guy" that gives you the plague cough days out from your planned trip, and that felt waaaaay too close as it was. o_O
Cheers. Today was my first human contact in a week. I don’t rate it.

I do need some fresh food though :(

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Interesting. So that trunion location has the forces trying to tear the air can off the shock. It's probably a better location for the trunion than the shock end. More pics when you get it apart.

Aircan threaded on the inside for engagement to the eyelet assembly unlike fox’s typical design with aircans threaded on the outside.

Damper body is 26.88 diameter, same as all the float/rp2/rp23 variants

Steel damper rod.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Aircan threaded on the inside for engagement to the eyelet assembly unlike fox’s typical design with aircans threaded on the outside.

Steel damper rod.

And the trunion mount threads onto the outside of the air can? Held in place with that lock ring?

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)

Steel damper rod.

This is cool, but didn't you start a thread for all your suspension adventures?

Let's not lose these snippets of cool/obscure tech in this thread!