Little Things You Hate

Flow-Rider

Burner
I have been getting the ones that tell me they know I have been doing naughty shit and they will tell all my friends if I don't pay them - Well
  1. Hell yeah I watch some sick shit (Efukt anyone)
  2. I have no friends
Apart from that they got me scared
Hahah, they are very annoying, especially when I'm waiting for the phone to ping a text from Austpost for more bike parts on the way.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
I get one of these a day, slightly different every day, but they all involve a video of me some way. :D

View attachment 384876
is that a promise or a threat? :p
It could be Zucc from FB wanting more money to keep your content online.

by the Flying Spaghetti Monster, there must be some dumb cunce around who would click on that. (I know there are, it's just depressing to think about how many)

Flow-Rider

Burner
is that a promise or a threat? :p
It could be Zucc from FB wanting more money to keep your content online.

by the Flying Spaghetti Monster, there must be some dumb cunce around who would click on that. (I know there are, it's just depressing to think about how many)
If I had their real phone number, I would be definitely sending dick pics. :D

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
(Hope something new comes along soon @The Duckmeister)
Start a composites/boatbuilding job on Monday. Kinda full circle, it's what I started with.... more than a few years ago.

Got a lead on a DT tech service role, but that might take a while to eventuate. So boats it is for now.

(Not in itself a LTIH, just following from a previous post here).

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Start a composites/boatbuilding job on Monday. Kinda full circle, it's what I started with.... more than a few years ago.

Got a lead on a DT tech service role, but that might take a while to eventuate. So boats it is for now.
Seems a bit of a pivot from the bike mechanic work. Will the composites work be the same sort of composites used for bike building?

creaky

XMAS Plumper

(Not in itself a LTIH, just following from a previous post here).
The sweet smell of Styrene!

Hope you enjoy the change, for a while.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
The sweet smell of Styrene!

Hope you enjoy the change, for a while.
To be honest, it's not something I really want to go back to, but it's something I can do, so it's hopefully just a stop-gap thing.

After nearly 18 years in a retail workshop, and being someone who generally dislikes people, I'm actually kinda glad to be out of that environment. But mechanical service up the chain is not a common gig here, so finding what I really want could take some time.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
By weight/layup density, glass is a lot softer than carbon. It stretches and moves a lot more under stress, which is beneficial in some cases. Boat hulls have internal framing to support the glass skin; bike frames do not.

A glass frame built on a similar layup to carbon would probably bounce better from an impact, but would be a floppy rag to ride; to get adequate stiffness a glass frame will end up quite heavy.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Has any company ever kicked off a fibreglass bike frame?

Best of luck with the new adventure. I shit you not, just after my last post sailing by Christopher Cross came on.
GT used fibreglass as a flex material on the rear stays of their Grade gravel bike.
It supposedly rides well because of the give in the backend.