COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
On one side I'm glad Novak is seeing the consequences if his actions. On the other the government has behaved awfully at every stage of the process and it scares me people with such a lack of ethics have such powers. Making the call after office hours in a friday is poor form.

Last edited:

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Do we have any long covid data from omicron?
Hasn't been around long enough for studies to be formed for long covid AFAIK
As said, hasn't been around long enough. But recent studies, which I mentioned last week, are showing that Omicron has massively reduced ability to "stick" to lung tissue cells compared to previous strains, therefore is generally unable to cause the same severity of illness.

In time, it's not a stretch to presume that it will end up falling in the collection of illnesses that are known as the common cold, which among others includes Corona viruses.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
As said, hasn't been around long enough. But recent studies, which I mentioned last week, are showing that Omicron has massively reduced ability to "stick" to lung tissue cells compared to previous strains, therefore is generally unable to cause the same severity of illness.

In time, it's not a stretch to presume that it will end up falling in the collection of illnesses that are known as the common cold, which among others includes Corona viruses.
Long covid has pathology unrelated to lungs too, so best not to make assumptions where omicron will take us in that respect.

Also a reminder that the only thing certain with viruses is evolution. How that evolution pans out is uncertain. It could actually go the other way.

moorey

call me Mia
Is it though? I mean this is just how it's done in Australia since forever. By now if you're not doing it, you're not an Aussie!

Shoot off an email, done! that's a Monday problem!
Australia? US is the best at this. They’ll start a war to make a distraction. That said, they stole the bit from Yes Minister.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Also a reminder that the only thing certain with viruses is evolution. How that evolution pans out is uncertain. It could actually go the other way.
That's equally applicable to all things genetic, not just viruses. Plenty of bacteria have become difficult to control due to evolution.