BIKE RACKS AND CARRIERS FOR CARS MEGATHREAD - all questions asked and answered here

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Cool. I’m just not sure why people assume damage control as the default, rather than backing your product?
Yeah I only posted here as I know numerous guys here have this rack.

Great service and warranty from Mitch right down to his proactive approach on the pivot point.

My post was to give a heads-up about carrying a spare bolt JIC.. or at least to keep an eye on your existing one.

moorey

call me Mia
Yeah I only posted here as I know numerous guys here have this rack.

Great service and warranty from Mitch right down to his proactive approach on the pivot point.

My post was to give a heads-up about carrying a spare bolt JIC.. or at least to keep an eye on your existing one.
Yeah, that wasn’t directed at you. Sorry.

ozzybmx

Yeah, that wasn’t directed at you. Sorry.
All good, I didnt take it as directed at me.

Just thought I would explain why I posted it here.

Had already spoken to ST the day before, knew I was getting looked after.

Just was giving a heads up as there is a strong following of ST here. Which is good :)

ozzybmx

Definitely worth posting on here to give peeps a heads up.
Its $8 for a 2 pack of bolts at SuperCheap.

I have a few spares now but if anyone is swapping/removing the rack during a trip away, might be worth carrying a spare.

My rack is on-off the car constantly and it was off the caravan, on the car, off the car, on the caravan at every stop. It was getting a good work out.

ozzybmx

Done the swap out to the new bolt and nut plate, it could draw out to be a big job for those with no mechanical skills.

The old nut plate was just holding in there as the new bolt that got me through the end of the Tassie trip is stuffed, so the treads on the old nut plate were damaged as I originally thought.

The pin that needs to be tapped out is actually the pivot point and they have even made a support block that slides in so the pin cannot be bent out of shape.

There was a lot of thought went into these racks.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Anyone saw this ROLA VERTICAL BIKE RACK in the flesh yet? Pricing looks attractive.

Looks good. But it also looks like it needs two people or to be unloaded before you can tilt it. Be damn near impossible to get the pin back in with bikes on it.

MTB Wanabe

Likes Dirt
Hey brains trust,
Chasing a bike rack to hire in the Canberra area. Want to hire a shingle back style rack for 5 bikes, the in laws are taking the kids on holiday and they want to take their bikes. Any advice, recommendations, etc? Cheers