The QUICK question thread.....

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I didn't think you had to pay duty if it was for a repair? He's already received the original frame, this is a replacement front triangle to replace the faulty unit.
I can't remember the exact details but I've been stung for duty on a warranty item.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Even on a warranty replacement that’s already paid for? If I have to pay more money to get this frame I’m gonna go postal. You’ll all see me in the evening news and it won’t be pretty.
A sexy man like you is always going to be pretty.

moorey

call me Mia
Even on a warranty replacement that’s already paid for? If I have to pay more money to get this frame I’m gonna go postal. You’ll all see me in the evening news and it won’t be pretty.
Customs tried it on me once. 6 month old Mattocs returned for warranty repair on forks bought on sale for like $500 off wiggle.
Customs tried to say I was buying new, despite the ticket saying warranty return, AND customs clearly googled the dearest manitou’s they could, and tried to say I was up for duty on $2000 forks. After a lot of arguing, I convinced Wiggle to sort it out. I don’t know in the end if they paid duty or not, but I got the forks.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
As far as I can tell, warranty replacement parts should be exempt (but how to push the issue, no idea...)

Jpez

Down on the left!
As far as I can tell, warranty replacement parts should be exempt (but how to push the issue, no idea...)

View attachment 384546

View attachment 384545
Just got onto someone that seemed to know what they were talking about and they said the contents of the parcel are under 1k right? Ah… yeah. Yeah they are under 1k.
20 minutes later there was movement on the tracking page with a delivery date of tomorrow by end of day.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Just got onto someone that seemed to know what they were talking about and they said the contents of the parcel are under 1k right? Ah… yeah. Yeah they are under 1k.
20 minutes later there was movement on the tracking page with a delivery date of tomorrow by end of day.
That's a win, I'd say

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I don't know where else to put this without starting a new thread...google wanted me to know that a beautiful part of Afghanistan was struggling to attract winter tourists. Ummmm? I can't imagine that this is a particularly new issue for Afghanistan? Maybe despite the complications over the last couple of years (sarcasm) they had a thriving tourism industry?

https://amp.sbs.com.au/eds/news/art...ay/18389630-52c0-4242-a7b9-da82351461de?amp=1

Anyway it looks pretty.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
I ordered direct from Deviate, they assured me duty would be dealt with at their end and it was. Hopefully @Jpez all will be released without issue, if not then (yet another) issue they need to deal with.

So disappointed you’ve had such a miserable experience with this.

Jpez

Down on the left!
I ordered direct from Deviate, they assured me duty would be dealt with at their end and it was. Hopefully @Jpez all will be released without issue, if not then (yet another) issue they need to deal with.

So disappointed you’ve had such a miserable experience with this.
Yep it was released without cost but it did get stuck at customs until I called about it and then it moved only when I told the lady the cost of the contents were below 1k.
Anyway it’s 90% built or should I say rebuilt in the garage with maiden ride tomorrow weather permitting.

indica

Serial flasher
Unlikely.
I'm 75:25 at the moment. 75 being yes.
Went to lots of gigs last year, the only one from OS was Alison Wonderland (yes, I know she's aussie), there was A.M.C as well though.
There is hope, and a chance.

PLEASE??