Plastic bags, climate change, renewable energy,

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
There's not been much delicate about it in the last five years. My town had three years in a row of rainfall of 300 plus followed by what looks to be two years of 1200 plus. The median is around 650...
Was the rain later than usual ? Thats where this farmer had the problem... and my fuckn weeds growing which is nothing compared to the loss of animals.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Was the rain later than usual ? Thats where this farmer had the problem... and my fuckn weeds growing which is nothing compared to the loss of animals.
If anything it's early as spring rain isn't typically a big deal (in fact, October was dry and mild this time round). Unlike SA, this is a summer rainfall area. So if we get some real summer rainfall...then it will be a modern reinterpretation of 1956 for the southern MDB.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
It's over for now. However, the flooding has knocked over a lot of ripe crops and made a lot more uneconomical to harvest...so there's plenty of tucker around. And there's still quite enough mice around to get things rolling again.
One problem to the next. Maybe it is time to release a bunch of cats and snakes!

Flow-Rider

Burner
Australia really is a climate vandal.

"Inside a shared workspace for technology start-ups in south-west London, Christian Lelong has a bird's-eye view of some of the dirtiest secrets of Australia's mining industry.
Using satellite imagery from the European Space Agency combined with meteorological data and atmospheric models, Mr Lelong, the director of natural resources at geospatial analytics firm Kayrros, has been able to measure methane leaks from the fossil fuel industry around the world.
We found that emissions for all the 50-odd mines in that basin in total add up to about 1.5 million tonnes of methane per year," Mr Lelong told the ABC. According to federal government figures for the same period, only a third of that amount of methane was reported in the area."

How satellites are challenging Australia's official greenhouse gas emission figures

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Not so much... You'd have to pack the batteries at the ends of the car and you need them central to keep it happy handling.

There is still a place in my heart for silly ICE toys - so long as theyre just toys and you're not daily driving it.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Not so much... You'd have to pack the batteries at the ends of the car and you need them central to keep it happy handling.

There is still a place in my heart for silly ICE toys - so long as theyre just toys and you're not daily driving it.
If your right hand offends you...cut it off. Seems your hear is offending. Perhaps you need to see the doctor?

Scotty T

Walks the walk

Yeah distributing batteries correctly can give you better weight distribution, my E30 will go from 52/48 to 50/50 if I do it properly.

I'm cool with toys if petrol costs $20/litre.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Yeah distributing batteries correctly can give you better weight distribution, my E30 will go from 52/48 to 50/50 if I do it properly.

I'm cool with toys if petrol costs $20/litre.
Its not just front to back balance, its how centred they are - split the mass and put them at each end results in wildly different handling to putting them all in the middle. Massively effects how the car changes direction.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Its not just front to back balance, its how centred they are - split the mass and put them at each end results in wildly different handling to putting them all in the middle. Massively effects how the car changes direction.
Yeah fuck it, just get the Tesla in the first place ;) There are no ICE out there that you could convert to be as good in the center of gravity stakes.

My batteries will go low in the front and back of the car, pretty close to where the weight used to be. My motor is literally the size of a food dehydrator and weighs 50kg which leaves a lot of space and weight allowance for batteries.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Yeah fuck it, just get the Tesla in the first place ;) There are no ICE out there that you could convert to be as good in the center of gravity stakes.

My batteries will go low in the front and back of the car, pretty close to where the weight used to be. My motor is literally the size of a food dehydrator and weighs 50kg which leaves a lot of space and weight allowance for batteries.

View attachment 383709
Its even things like suspension geometry and how they deal with centre of gravity. Its why a dedicated EV platform is so important, not a converted ICE platform like a Leaf or Kona etc.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Its even things like suspension geometry and how they deal with centre of gravity. Its why a dedicated EV platform is so important, not a converted ICE platform like a Leaf or Kona etc.
A mate was lamenting no speedo in front of him as he'd done the same as me and rented a 3 for a trip, took me about 50km to get used to and really enjoy not having a big dashboard impairing my view.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
A mate was lamenting no speedo in front of him as he'd done the same as me and rented a 3 for a trip, took me about 50km to get used to and really enjoy not having a big dashboard impairing my view.
And if it really was a deal breaker, just buy this

indica

Serial flasher

This is a wind farm near me. Does not run the whole day.
Seems stupid, runs in the morning but when the sun is up the turn it off (assume solar output squashes demand?
It is a massive eyesore not to mention the destruction of the environment.
As reading the article the next one looks worse and appears to not be needed.