What does your day look like?

Fred Nurk

No custom title here
My day, fixing mum and dads alarm system.

I’d like to poke in the eye the “technician” that installed this

An intertwined jumble of cabling that is tight.
Termination resistors at the panel
No door tamper switch on panel box.
Loose strands at almost every termination.
“Boot lace ferrules, never head of em mate”

It all starts with panel manufacturers who cannot appreciate the real world. A panel up high, inside a closet. Hard to terminate to at the best of times.

That lower PCB looks like it was made in the age of breadboards... As for those shitty screw terminals, better off with those fork spade lugs than bootlaces, although of course they don't crimp well with alarm cable.

ausdb

Being who he is
Hmm, sounds similar. We have another Fujitsu split system also on its own circuit breaker and it is fine.

The Samsung pcb in question looks fine physically, no burnt tracks or heat related signs, but I will know soon enough. This is a little roll of the dice and I am fiddling with this myself since I don't want to pour $$$ into an A/C Service call yet. Trying to extend time till I cut my losses and put it into a new system.

I also enjoy to mess around with things like this but it is few and far between. Too much software only things now :/

There are replacement pcb's out there but I'm not there 'just' yet.
@Mr Crudley can you post a high res pic of both sides of the board and also the wiring diagram? failed main fuse is never a good sign. I don't work on Samsungs but live breathe eat sleep others and there is a lot of same same but different.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
@Mr Crudley can you post a high res pic of both sides of the board and also the wiring diagram? failed main fuse is never a good sign. I don't work on Samsungs but live breathe eat sleep others and there is a lot of same same but different.
Thanks @ausdb I connected it up again and a thermistor slowly died on the board. There might be a short in there somewhere and fixing the fuse just let the damage continue.

I have a replacement board in transit now. I will find a A/C to check the fan and compressor etc before new board is plugged in. It might only be the board being faulty but could also be something else external.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I just went for a quick evening ride, I hadn't been on the bike all day. Just a ride to the beach and back...about 8km round trip. Of course I didn't realise the wind was about 20-25km hour (according to my man willy weather!) and blowing straight along the harbour. The journey out was painful slow. The ride home was much faster.

I also saw the se Airedale Terrier 4 times! They are a very good looking breed of dog.