The last movie you've last watched last

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Outlaws on Netflix , not a bad story - Spanish with dubbing or subtitles
Spoiled Brats - funny an take your brain out - Italian - subtitles
Cowboy Bebop - liked it , Filmed in NZ so some random sets / vehicles / actors .

i did ride my bike , but only a little bit

Minlak

custom titis
Outlaws on Netflix , not a bad story - Spanish with dubbing or subtitles
Spoiled Brats - funny an take your brain out - Italian - subtitles
Cowboy Bebop - liked it , Filmed in NZ so some random sets / vehicles / actors .

i did ride my bike , but only a little bit
Outlaws is great if you like half finished movies with huge plot leaps with no explanation - lol - watched it all buoyed it then got angry at it :) - even had to hunt down the English translation of the book to try and satisfy some of my questions

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
No, I haven't. Authors are seldom satisfied with film adaptations though. You can't keep the high-brow of their literature when you render it as a popcorn flick.
Was wondering if anyone could cite an example where the author (who wasn't involved in the production/directing of a movie) has stated that they thought the movie did the book justice. I'm sure it's happened, but I can't think of any.*

*Which is a stupidly low bar to set, given I watch fuck all movies and read about them even less.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Was wondering if anyone could cite an example where the author (who wasn't involved in the production/directing of a movie) has stated that they thought the movie did the book justice. I'm sure it's happened, but I can't think of any.*

*Which is a stupidly low bar to set, given I watch fuck all movies and read about them even less.
While he thought that Francis Ford Coppola's adaptation of Dracula was a bit hacky, it turns out that Bram Stoker "really, really fucking loves"* the 'Blade' movies**

*his words
**confirmed via Ouija Board

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

I'm pretty sure Tolkien sang many praises about Peter Jackson's The Hobbit film series.

bear the bear

Is a real bear

Stand by me- Stephan King

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

Stand by me- Stephan King

Sat wars episode 4 a new hope. Though George wrote the book.

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
New Matrix is entertaining. It is more of a love story that draws back to the story of the original so not much new. I was expecting it to be super crap.
I think the next matrix should be a spoof that takes the piss out of the whole franchise.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
New Matrix is entertaining. It is more of a love story that draws back to the story of the original so not much new. I was expecting it to be super crap.
I think the next matrix should be a spoof that takes the piss out of the whole franchise.
yeah i kind of liked it as well. Wasn't a terrible movie, of which i have seen plenty of due to covid.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
didnt watch the new venom lastnigth - wife wants to see it and shes on night shift till new year. Did watch " a most dangerous game" - trashy movie, avoid.

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Outlaws is great if you like half finished movies with huge plot leaps with no explanation - lol - watched it all buoyed it then got angry at it :) - even had to hunt down the English translation of the book to try and satisfy some of my questions
Hahahahahah , are we married ? My other half said the same , except for I give a shit about findng the book .

annd I forgive it as it is ‘ Spanish , ‘ like Italian and French films suspend some aspects of the plot and go with it .

Swedish and dark noir from that end of Europe is more - “ fact - Ty “

Minlak

custom titis
Hahahahahah , are we married ? My other half said the same , except for I give a shit about findng the book .

annd I forgive it as it is ‘ Spanish , ‘ like Italian and French films suspend some aspects of the plot and go with it .

Swedish and dark noir from that end of Europe is more - “ fact - Ty “
I actually liked the movie is the worst part - it really really bothered me as to why the policeman did what he did in the end - there is ZERO explanation - I wanted to know

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ahhh, see I think he was one of the good guys - he wasn’t corrupt like the others .
His fathers argument was “ I can straighten him out - remember the bit about the father would have had a criminal record which meant the nice life he had as a civil servant would have evaporated .

And as BohDi ( I saw him as ) said - you have choices . We do not .
note the contrast between nachos nice home environs, and the home of Tere

ps , I liked the story - well shot , good backgrounds/ props etc .
yes a leap to the storyline , but it’s a movie .

Minlak

custom titis
Ahhh, see I think he was one of the good guys - he wasn’t corrupt like the others .
His fathers argument was “ I can straighten him out - remember the bit about the father would have had a criminal record which meant the nice life he had as a civil servant would have evaporated .

And as BohDi ( I saw him as ) said - you have choices . We do not .
note the contrast between nachos nice home environs, and the home of Tere
And I could have lived with that as an explanation EXCEPT - He seemed to change his mind after looking the photograph on the wall - He appeared to have some recognition of the figure in the picture and his demeanor changed straight after that - i needed to know why the picture was of significance?

Minlak

custom titis
this sounds like a bad case of "you need to write a letter"
Its ok I learnt Spanish and read the Book - Fun Fact the movie is only the first half of the book - the second half of the book explains the bits he talks about that prison at the end.