Bargain buys thread

madstace

Likes Dirt
Better at pushys with 15% off
Ooof, panic buying is real, but after missing relatively cheap SLX cassettes, this was too good a price to miss out on. Think I probably got the last one, or I've just missed out, either way cheers!

Alexxx

Likes Dirt
Ooof, panic buying is real, but after missing relatively cheap SLX cassettes, this was too good a price to miss out on. Think I probably got the last one, or I've just missed out, either way cheers!
I bought one, have been looking for a Shimano cassette for over a month now and some of the stock estimates are crazy and then there was shipping.

Shipping in 2023 if you order now...

Shipping costs more than my bike...

iconic

Likes Dirt
Bah I was being silly, was thinking what else I needed to buy and when was going to order, the cassette went out of stock :(

Sent from my RMX2001 using Tapatalk

moorey

call me Mia
Bah I was being silly, was thinking what else I needed to buy and when was going to order, the cassette went out of stock :(

Tried Ali? There’s 10-45 XT for 150, or SLX 10-51 for $170.
AU $119.43 30% Off | Shimano SLX XT M8100 M7100 M6100 Cassette 12 speed 10-51T 10-45T Cassette Freewheel Mountain Bike MTB 12 Speed Bicycle Parts

madstace

Likes Dirt

That's how I missed out previously :rolleyes:
Tried Ali?
I've been keeping a close eye on Ali prices but they've seemed pretty hip to the old supply and demand, some prices are downright rude regardless of expectation. One might argue it makes sense the covid tax is applied where the whole thing started.

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Anyone looking at bikebug should also check their eBay listings.

I also grabbed a set of xt brakes and some helmets for the kids with bikebug discounts plus the 10% off from eBay code: BD10OFF

Brakes came down an extra 10% to $110 an end.

mark22

Likes Dirt
I am the only person on the planet that has owned Reverbs and never had a problem. We have had 7 in total and I still have one.

Will check post diameter when I open up our bike lock up room ;)

Highly recommend the NRMA carvan site in St Helens, bike wash, free bike lock up rooms and new gleaming clean facilities... also $50 a night cheaper than the Big4 and right at the bottom of the TownLink trail from the trailhead.

View attachment 384248
Me too I've had 5 of em and the current one and has had one full service in 5 years plus my 50 hr maintenance services, the bike has done 6500km. The other four never had a full service.
I think the way to keep them this reliable is to do the minor 50 hr services (easy as) and never lift the bike by the seat post in the lowered position.

Alexxx

Likes Dirt
Anyone looking at bikebug should also check their eBay listings.

I also grabbed a set of xt brakes and some helmets for the kids with bikebug discounts plus the 10% off from eBay code: BD10OFF

Brakes came down an extra 10% to $110 an end.
I didn't need them but if I don't like the Magura brakes I have these will be a good substitute.
Also picked up an XT bottom bracket and some Shimano gear cables.

They also have enough mineral brake oil to last a lifetime on special, $15 for 500ml.