Bargain buys thread

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
some lady has thrown up a 2020 polygon trid zz for 990 10kms from me, if anyone wants it i can pickup for you to ship on? @pink poodle u needs bike after the water incident?
That is a kind offer, but I am still awaiting a finalisation of the insurance process. If anyone is looking for a rock solid bike for the teenage jump-a-holic or even themselves get on it! These are a great bike.

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Here are my picks from the bikebug sale. Picked up an X01 cassette for 30% off myself.

Minlak

custom titis
Started getting emails on Christmas Eve (23rd) with early access (“VIP”) to all the “Boxing Day Sales” - a lot of places just giving extra discount on the trash they couldn’t sell pre-Christmas - And social media is filled with idiots that can’t read claiming codes for discounts don’t work as they are trying to get the discount code of everything not just the sale items - idiots

Minlak

custom titis
Read an interesting article regarding JC Penny a huge retail store in the USA - in the early 2000’s they changed to a “fair and square” pricing structure that saw them abandon all sales and just list products for a fair and square price - even though you were buying the same items available at other stores at the same price as the pricing was not “discounted” it failed dismally and was abandoned - lol

CHEWY

Eats Squid
Read an interesting article regarding JC Penny a huge retail store in the USA - in the early 2000’s they changed to a “fair and square” pricing structure that saw them abandon all sales and just list products for a fair and square price - even though you were buying the same items available at other stores at the same price as the pricing was not “discounted” it failed dismally and was abandoned - lol
Seems to work for Bunnings.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Any deals on dropper posts ? #1 sons Bontrager post has turned into a suspension post. Cartridge is clapped.

ozzybmx

Pity it will be 31.6….I have some of those highly coveted Reverbs.
I am the only person on the planet that has owned Reverbs and never had a problem. We have had 7 in total and I still have one.

Will check post diameter when I open up our bike lock up room ;)

Highly recommend the NRMA carvan site in St Helens, bike wash, free bike lock up rooms and new gleaming clean facilities... also $50 a night cheaper than the Big4 and right at the bottom of the TownLink trail from the trailhead.

ozzybmx

Just ordered a set of XT brakes and a XT shifter from BikeBug, cheers for posting the links :)

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Seems to work for Bunnings.
I think you have to start without doing sales in the first place - which bunnings never did. It would be like if Kathmandu stopped their 'sales' the brand would die a horrible death, because everyone expects them to discount. Then there is the Honda model where they price it high and just hope for the best lol.

But yeah not many boxing day sales. I think either Ozbargain has sharpened my senses or it's just a lot of crap going around these days.