Any Zwifters out there?

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
I think I will be trying the apple tv soon. Four Horsemen last week, and now Mont Ventoux, Bluetooth dropouts are giving me the shits.

From what I gather, I can run the apple tv through my little Android tablet.

beezlbub

Likes Dirt
I think I will be trying the apple tv soon. Four Horsemen last week, and now Mont Ventoux, Bluetooth dropouts are giving me the shits.

From what I gather, I can run the apple tv through my little Android tablet.
For what it’s worth, I’ve recently got into Zwift and using an Apple TV (4th gen I think, not the latest) + companion app and it’s been flawless. No drop outs at all. They are pretty cheap too (and plenty of this model on scumtree).

FatMuz

Likes Dirt
Did a 30 km Race tonight.... D Grade (because I'm old and fat).
Took the win tonight... as verified by ZwiftPower. The race had about 20 starters in D Grade (about 60 overall) but as the race progressed some dropped out (too hard, too early). A couple of riders actually finished in front of me, but were disqualified by ZwiftPower for exceeding D Grade power parameters. If you haven't used ZwiftPower it's a necessity for Zwift Races...helps to rub out the sandbaggers and cheats. Can provide some good riding data too.

treble

Likes Dirt
For those having Ant/Bluetooth dropout issues. I solved mine with a 2 meter long usb extension cable. I run the Garmin ant+ adaptor on the end and have cable tied it to the front of the bike so it’s near everything and away from my laptops wifi receiver. Has been running The Kickr while reading power meter and heart rate strap for 12+ months with no drops.

rockmoose

Apple tv runs a dream. Supposedly, you can only run 2 bluetooth devices through it, and need to run a third through the companion app. Perhaps it's an update with the new iteration, but I run my trainer, HR and cadence straight through it, and it is rock solid.

FatMuz

Likes Dirt
Apple tv runs a dream. Supposedly, you can only run 2 bluetooth devices through it, and need to run a third through the companion app. Perhaps it's an update with the new iteration, but I run my trainer, HR and cadence straight through it, and it is rock solid.
Yep...the newest version of Apple TV runs 3 BT devices as well as the remote... so no need to run things via the companion app... but the companion app is still great to use for the map and coms with others.

rockmoose

Yep...the newest version of Apple TV runs 3 BT devices as well as the remote... so no need to run things via the companion app... but the companion app is still great to use for the map and coms with others.
Yeah I still run the companion app. I got a computer monitor when I switched to apple tv, so now use the tablet for companion. Leaves my phone free to ogle pood's only fans, as I struggle up the climbs.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Getting warm in the pain cave and I have only done one zwift in the past 5-6 weeks.

Ive put an 8 week freeze on it and will resume Feb when I get the portable air-con unit set up.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Shift work is appalling for healthy body clocks. I've done plenty in my time, but can't do it anymore........ except when I still have to.
It definitely is. Apart from when I was an apprentice and 18 months when I came here, I have been a shift worker for nearly 30yrs.

I don't mind it and everyone has their way of dealing with it (some deal with it by whinging), mine is just late nights and sleep ins for as long as my body says sleep... the day after my last nightshift regularly sees me sleep for 14-16hrs.

Spent the last 2 days building a caravan mount for my shuttle rack, got in bed this morning at 7:30am, missus dropped something in the bathroom at 10am... woke with the bike rack mission in my mind, got up and finished it, back to bed soon after some lunch and I'll paint it tomorrow.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
What smart trainer do you have?
Power meter on a dumb trainer. Lacks the realism I guess, but I still have to ramp up the sweat to hold groups on a hill so I'm not feeling like it's innefective. I've thought about going all in and getting a proper smarty pants trainer, but I can't bring myself to use a wheel on type again and direct drive smartys are many dollarydoos that could be spent on 26" tyres and 32mm rockshox forks.

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk

rockmoose

Power meter on a dumb trainer. Lacks the realism I guess, but I still have to ramp up the sweat to hold groups on a hill so I'm not feeling like it's innefective. I've thought about going all in and getting a proper smarty pants trainer, but I can't bring myself to use a wheel on type again and direct drive smartys are many dollarydoos that could be spent on 26" tyres and 32mm rockshox forks.

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk
That would make Ven-Top and Alpe du Zwift far less vomit inducing.