All my Aliexpress MTB purchases reviewed.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Other than wheels (specifically hubs….but you don’t understand hubs) and pedals, you can call me shimano any day.
I get hubs. Some would say that I'm a hub whisperer.

Could you change your username to Shimano and maybe a nice corporate logo. Will avoid confusion for us all :)
Even XTR since we don't want to downspec you and call you Alvio.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
She would relish in it. Loves her Hopes as much as me.
Nothing a short trip to the Births, Deaths an Marriages office and slab of paperwork wouldn't cure.
Get ahead of the new and happening 'Name the fruits of your loins after bicycle parts' craze :)

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Tried the Zitto rim tape yesterday and I'm very happy with the results. Went on easy and peals up easy if you need to adjust it, it's also nice and thick so it should last a while. I would rate it highly over the bear tape from Bunnings.

Edit: I got 10m of the 29mm tape for about $5

Last edited:

Flow-Rider

Burner
I tried some of the photochromic glasses from Ali, not as dark as what I thought they would be. The tinted glasses seem to be the best for trail riding but not very good for using in the car.

Thought I would test them with a UV light to see how dark they would get and then fell down the rabbit hole of CSIing the house.

bigdamo

Likes Dirt
I tried some of the photochromic glasses from Ali, not as dark as what I thought they would be. The tinted glasses seem to be the best for trail riding but not very good for using in the car.

Thought I would test them with a UV light to see how dark they would get and then fell down the rabbit hole of CSIing the house.

View attachment 384255View attachment 384256

View attachment 384254
I got the rockbros photochromic and some faguma dark photochromic lens. Prefer the rockbros for riding and the faguma for everyday use and flyfishing. The rockbros let more air in the vents. Faguma definitely has alot more levels of bright brighter dark and darker grades.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I got the rockbros photochromic and some faguma dark photochromic lens. Prefer the rockbros for riding and the faguma for everyday use and flyfishing. The rockbros let more air in the vents. Faguma definitely has alot more levels of bright brighter dark and darker grades.
I've never owned transition glasses before, so I don't have anything to compare them with. I have a polarised set of ugly fish for fishing duties, they seem to do a good job on the water and in the car. The Rockbros glasses seem to fit a fair way off my face I've noticed, so probably a good thing for not fogging up.

bigdamo

Likes Dirt
I've never owned transition glasses before, so I don't have anything to compare them with. I have a polarised set of ugly fish for fishing duties, they seem to do a good job on the water and in the car. The Rockbros glasses seem to fit a fair way off my face I've noticed, so probably a good thing for not fogging up.
I got different rockbros than yours. They do seem to prefer sitting abit back on my face but not much. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33027169916.html?spm=a2g0o.9042311.0.0.31e04c4djureMp

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Just ordered a ZTTO DUB BB92 BB for the hatchet man, his is squawking and the preloader is busted so also ordered an alu replacement DUB preloader too, about $45 for both.

Befor Tassie, I bought #2 a 'cheap' waterproof jacket for riding in as he's only going to fall off and kill it anyway, I asked him if he wanted one that glows... these jackets would near blind you if you were riding behind someone wearing one on a night ride, this was just a normal photo.
Fckn unreal... ordered one for myself today.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Just ordered a ZTTO DUB BB92 BB for the hatchet man, his is squawking and the preloader is busted so also ordered an alu replacement DUB preloader too, about $45 for both.

Befor Tassie, I bought #2 a 'cheap' waterproof jacket for riding in as he's only going to fall off and kill it anyway, I asked him if he wanted one that glows... these jackets would near blind you if you were riding behind someone wearing one on a night ride, this was just a normal photo.

View attachment 384782
Link for the jacket? Was sizing about right?

ozzybmx

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn

View attachment 384782
Does it have any "breath ability" or pretty much just for wet riding?

ozzybmx

Anyone found decent quality rotors?
6 bolt, 160mm
The SRAM centreline copies/real rotors are hard to beat, still my favourite rotors even know I persist to buy expensive ones that are not centreline.

I bought 10 x 160mm of these from Ali a couple of years back, the last set went onto my gravel bike a few months back, they should be around $7 each for 160mm.

Not the link of the ones I bought but similar.

ozzybmx

Does it have any "breath ability" or pretty much just for wet riding?
I would say it would be sweaty. It does have a liner to keep the outside off your skin.

Got a few really good jackets here for serious riding including a Gore Shake-dry, would cry if that jacket brushed a thorny bush.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Anyone found decent quality rotors?
6 bolt, 160mm
I have a single 160mm Shimano Ice-Tech rotor I’ve been meaning to get rid of forever if that’s any use to you? I think it’s new, I can’t actually remember when/why I bought it… :oops: I can check much later tonight or tomorrow (probably best to PM me if you’re interested in case I forget).