Buying bike parts from overseas, shipping time estimates and methods ?

Minlak

custom titis
Has anyone had a lost parcel dispute resolved with Australia Post? I had some stuff coming from OS which got scanned by AusPost on 3rd November and hasn't been seen since. They've opened a lost parcel thing, but I kind of get the feeling it's a bit like this.....

Not holding my breath
The worst part is with no insurance what result are you expecting - Its pure shit that you now don't have a product are hoping it will magically appear and there is no penalty for Auspost to have lost your package - At best you will get the postage cost back but not the cost of the items in the package.

If it was mandated - I love that word now MANDATED - it means you force people to do shit for their own good doesn't it? anyway I digress - Aus post should be forced to have a system they are accountable for - Hey we know your package got to "X" our bad here is your compensation - For this to work we will all have to declare what we are posting of course - surely no one would lie and send a Picasso via Aus Post??

While I am at it - If they trot out the "Pandemic" or "Christmas Volume" excuse one more time I may just go "Postal" we have had 2 years of Pandemic and Christmas happens the same time every year.

And while I am at it what's with Roses changing their chocolates?? Bastards!!!!

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Wow, solid rant!
It's only $30 worth of cables from AliExpress, but it shits me that their scanning/tracking system is so unreliable. I get a notification about what the DHL Express driver had for lunch, but at AusPost most of the time it's 'being processed' whatever that means.
I think it's got something to do with the reciprocal agreement between postal services of nations, I'm fairly sure AusPost aren't getting paid particularly well to deliver my stuff from AliExpress.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Has anyone had a lost parcel dispute resolved with Australia Post? I had some stuff coming from OS which got scanned by AusPost on 3rd November and hasn't been seen since. They've opened a lost parcel thing, but I kind of get the feeling it's a bit like this.....

Not holding my breath
The missus sold a jumper on FB.

Guy paid for it and we shipped it out with no insurance. Buyer was in Melbourne so I figured a week or two at worse.

A month later the buyer says hasn't arrived at his parcel point/box and raises an online inquiry. We raise one too.

Eventually Auspost get in contact and say it's lost, ring us and organise remuneration. They agreed to the value of the jacket, postage and the money to reimburse the buyer. AP pay us the money and we reimburse the buyer.

Over the next month the missus keeps missing an AP call from somewhere out in Western Victoria. When we ring back no one answers, eventually we get on to them and they say the buyer never came to collect the parcel (they apparently sent parcel notes numerous times).

About a month after that the jumper turns up back at our place.

TL;DR

Yes.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Got shipping notification two days ago that my new frame is scheduled to arrive on the 16th (of this month) from the UK.....got excited, then remembered this thread :D not getting my hopes up but quietly have everything crossed.
Frame has gone through Belgium and has left Dubai in transit. TNT contacted me yesterday with an estimated import bill which I paid immediately hoping it would appease the postal gods for a swift arrival. There is still a chance :)

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Bike24 order placed 6 November hit Melbourne customs on 6 December and was attempted delivery this morning. Tracking was only updated when it arrived at Frankfurt and then arrived at Melbourne. I had assumed it was still in Melbourne and was surprised when I got the attempted delivery notification this morning.

Alexxx

Likes Dirt

Not holding my breath
My experience was they said there don't provide any compensation, I spoke with them 3 times then a month later it magically appeared but at a different post office that wasn't too far away.

Alexxx

Likes Dirt
Over the next month the missus keeps missing an AP call from somewhere out in Western Victoria. When we ring back no one answers, eventually we get on to them and they say the buyer never came to collect the parcel (they apparently sent parcel notes numerous times).
This happened to me as a buyer, the first notification I got was from the seller asking why I was returning the item after they got a notification from Auspost.
I was at the post office that afternoon asking them about it and they said all they could do was raise a request for the package to be redirected back to me.
I got a call the next day and the post bag hadn't been picked up yet so they were able to stop it going back, went and got it quickly before it disappeared again.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I had a parcel arrive roughly a week after raising a case. Not sure if AusPost actually did anything, or someone just tripped over it at the depot and decided to get it out of the way and deliver it...
This is one of the largest automotive facilities Austpost has in Australia, I often wonder how many parcels fall out and end up lying on the ground somewhere for weeks or months.

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well, surprisingly I got an email from AusPost yesterday. Clearly they watch RB and react quickly to keep their reputation in tact.....

Thanks for your patience while we've investigated the status of item LV21923CN. I tried to call you just now, however I was unable to reach you.

Your item hasn't been scanned since 13/11/2021 and there is no further information we can get from our delivery network. As part of my investigation, I made sure to check our 'lost & found', the Returned Mail Redistribution Centre (RMRC). This is where something would end up if the address label perhaps became illegible. But there were no records of this item in our RMRC national database.

I can't rule out the item being returned to China without further scans, and I believe it's unfair to ask you to wait longer, as this is unlikely to produce a better result. I apologise for this disappointing outcome.

Your final step for a resolution is to tell the sender you expect them to contact China Post to raise an investigation. Australia Post talk with our counterparts there every day and we will respond immediately to confirm we have not delivered your item, so they can discuss compensation with the sender, who in turn can assist you.

Your sender is best placed to sort it out quickly for you, as they have all the details about the parcel and how it was lodged. If you don't get any satisfaction from them, you can come back to us, and we will see what we are able to do.

I hope this information is useful. If you have more questions let us know and your case will automatically reopen so we can assist you further. We look forward to hearing from China so we can continue to help you by co-operating with them straight away.

Kind Regards,

Michael B
Customer Services

Flow-Rider

Burner
The worst part is with no insurance what result are you expecting - Its pure shit that you now don't have a product are hoping it will magically appear and there is no penalty for Auspost to have lost your package - At best you will get the postage cost back but not the cost of the items in the package.

If it was mandated - I love that word now MANDATED - it means you force people to do shit for their own good doesn't it? anyway I digress - Aus post should be forced to have a system they are accountable for - Hey we know your package got to "X" our bad here is your compensation - For this to work we will all have to declare what we are posting of course - surely no one would lie and send a Picasso via Aus Post??

While I am at it - If they trot out the "Pandemic" or "Christmas Volume" excuse one more time I may just go "Postal" we have had 2 years of Pandemic and Christmas happens the same time every year.

And while I am at it what's with Roses changing their chocolates?? Bastards!!!!
Austpost has automatic insurance for parcels under $100, but it's nothing but a farce, they played me for about 3 months with emails then claimed that the sender was required to send them a complaint number and strangely enough they wouldn't do it, and tried the no speaka the english shit.

https://auspost.com.au/receiving/delayed-lost-or-damaged-items/compensation?fm=search-organic:lost parcels:1

Most of our services come with up to $100 compensation for loss or damage. Should your item be lost or damaged, and you haven’t purchased Extra Cover, you may be entitled to compensation of up to $100 and a refund of postage (proof of value may be required). This applies for most items you send with us. Claims for compensation are assessed on a case-by-case basis.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Well, surprisingly I got an email from AusPost yesterday. Clearly they watch RB and react quickly to keep their reputation in tact.....

Thanks for your patience while we've investigated the status of item LV21923CN. I tried to call you just now, however I was unable to reach you.

Your item hasn't been scanned since 13/11/2021 and there is no further information we can get from our delivery network. As part of my investigation, I made sure to check our 'lost & found', the Returned Mail Redistribution Centre (RMRC). This is where something would end up if the address label perhaps became illegible. But there were no records of this item in our RMRC national database.

I can't rule out the item being returned to China without further scans, and I believe it's unfair to ask you to wait longer, as this is unlikely to produce a better result. I apologise for this disappointing outcome.

Your final step for a resolution is to tell the sender you expect them to contact China Post to raise an investigation. Australia Post talk with our counterparts there every day and we will respond immediately to confirm we have not delivered your item, so they can discuss compensation with the sender, who in turn can assist you.

Your sender is best placed to sort it out quickly for you, as they have all the details about the parcel and how it was lodged. If you don't get any satisfaction from them, you can come back to us, and we will see what we are able to do.

I hope this information is useful. If you have more questions let us know and your case will automatically reopen so we can assist you further. We look forward to hearing from China so we can continue to help you by co-operating with them straight away.

Kind Regards,

Michael B
Customer Services
If you wait for the on time delivery guarantee period from Aliexpress and put a claim in, you'll get a full refund, it's never failed me.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Frame arrived yesterday!! A few days later than initially scheduled but it got here :)

Now realised I’ve bought the wrong diameter dropper…take the risk with postage back to the UK distributor or sell at a loss. Dammit. Anyone need a new 30.9 180 travel One Up dropper?