Motorcycle Thread - Post it all

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Yikes, $450 !!
Yeah, I'd imagine a bit of that would be licencing. But still ouch. Lego has belatedly realised that adult nerds like their stuff too, and now catering to that market with much enthusiasm (and prices to match for some truly crazy shit).

I think I might get the Lego Ducati instead, that's around $70 I think.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Yeah, I'd imagine a bit of that would be licencing. But still ouch. Lego has belatedly realised that adult nerds like their stuff too, and now catering to that market with much enthusiasm (and prices to match for some truly crazy shit).

I think I might get the Lego Ducati instead, that's around $70 I think.
Lifes too short for a ducati.

Minlak

custom titis
Got this photo from the weekend away - I look pensive and I remember exactly what I was thinking as I was getting ready to leave - Looking at the corner I knew I was about to come back around on my way home - "I hope I don't fall off in front of all these photographers" - LOL\

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Lifes too short for a Ducati.
Ha, ha ... in my short life, I've had eight of them. And I've had quite a few bikes, and my two favouritest ever bikes were Ducatis... a 600 Pantah and a belt 900SS.

I kept imploring him to sell it for a Ducati as he likes mechanics and fixing stuff and I figured it'd be broken so often it'd definitely increase his lifespan.
I just haven't experienced the broken Ducati thing. Like I said, I've had eight of them, and have done thousands and thousands of kilometers and only ever been broken down once. And really it was my fault. It was with my trusty 600 Pantah, that I had ridden everywhere... all over Vic, NSW, ACT, Qld and Tas. I had the heads off doing the desmos (which didn't need any adjustment BTW) as it was easier than doing them on the bike, and I spotted a tiny pit in the chrome bore of the front cylinder. I had a Calder ride day coming up, so I took a good toke, and looked away, then buttoned it back up. Rode it to Calder, this was back when you rode to ride days... did 60 or more laps, at full noise, and on the way home, the front pot ate it's own lunch... more smoke than Bob Marley. Not its fault... solely mine. Other than that I never been stranded or let down by any of my Ducatis..

Minlak

custom titis
Okay, not an actual motorcycle, but still the closest I'll get to owning one:

View attachment 383955

Pros: Huge, has gearbox, apparently properly challenging to build
Cons: Has stickers. Unlikely to hit 305km/h
Not $450 - Easy enough if you follow the build instructions - although some parts are tricky trying to connect together with a random picture showing you the way - Still need to put stickers on

Minlak

custom titis
Have been seeing some not horrible priced GSXR 600's and 750's on the book of face last few days - Resisting the urge to buy so far :)

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Have been seeing some not horrible priced GSXR 600's and 750's on the book of face last few days - Resisting the urge to buy so far :)
Which bits are you going to leave home when you rode a GSXR600? A leg? They are a small frame.

Beaker74

Likes Dirt
I had the first of the injected 600’s, a 2001 model. They were far racier than my 99 ZX6R, and much better on the track. The ninja was far smoother and more comfortable on the road.

mekros

Likes Dirt
I had the first of the injected 600’s, a 2001 model. They were far racier than my 99 ZX6R, and much better on the track. The ninja was far smoother and more comfortable on the road.
Same, I had the black on yellow. First bike I bought brand new. Compared to modern bikes, it feels like a wide pig when you sit on it.