I got a new bike - Kavenz VHP16

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
Took it out for a few spins lately. Only changes have been to swap out the back wheel for a 29er after it was too difficult to find a decent 27.5 tyre.

It’s riding well. Climbs great despite being a chungus in the mass department. Got to be 16-17kg. So it’ll be good for shuttles and doing laps rather than all day tours. A lighter wheelset with some exo+ tyres should make it a bit more pleasant on longer rides.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Don't you have some lightweight filing cabinet for all day work?

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

frenchman

Noice. What frame(s) you considering?
I’m not sure. It’s going to be for the wife and I’ll borrow it when not in use. She likes the santacruz and specialized trail bikes so will see what’s available. I think a Scout would suit her better tho….
I fail to see how! That’s more than the ENR set up with gravity casing tyres and DH wheelset for the weekend….and the ENR frame is well husky :oops:
May b ur scales r wrong?

frenchman

not much in the way of changes, got a used xx1 drivetrain put on, I’ve got another leaking master cylinder and the headset needs replacing (who the fuck thinks it’s a good idea to make the compression ring out of plastic???)
To drop some weight it needs the tyres swapped out to something lighter but DD casing is life and I should go back to a 36 as I’m not doing any shuttles nor getting any fitter.
Dropped the chain a couple of times in high speed chunder which is shitting me off, so a lower guide pulley is on the cards to add even more fucking drag.
I think I’ll drop the front end a little bit and remove the offset shock bushing as there isn’t the steep terrain here I had it set up for previously.
The Cranks are polishing up good due to shoe rub though.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I’m doing that thing where u fill the void in ur life by buying more shit to put on the bike rather than figuring out how to spend more time riding it.
View attachment 392008
Welcome. We meet on Fridays at my place for group talk therapy, followed by some chin stroking and whiskey while we look at our bikes and complain about the weather.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
I’m doing that thing where u fill the void in ur life by buying more shit to put on the bike rather than figuring out how to spend more time riding it.
View attachment 392008
I got here about a month ago. So far I recommend:
  • Buying matchmaker clamps for no justifiable reason
  • Obsessing over whether you're currently running the right tyres
  • Arguably pointless stainless steel idlers (HP bikes only)
  • Do I need a different weight spring for that coil? Will I notice the difference? Unlikely. Ok I'll order one.