What's your dollars per ride.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Are you running two wheelsets to cover commute and mtbing or constantly changing tyres?
Bit of both. I have a pair of Mavic Alloys that should be on it now, but I put the Pirellis and the carbon wheels on in preparation for Melrose in September, that we didn't make because of the damn border closure, and they haven't come back off yet. So they're staying on for the Adelaide trip, which is probably not going to happen either. Either way, I get a good six months out of a rear tyre, and it's roughly a 50/50 split between tarmac and dirt.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
If we only go off current bike, then seeing the selling of my previous bike covered my current bike my bike costs me $0 per ride :rolleyes:

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
how? need promo for this?
I’m just on the free account. Go to training > my activities then choose ‘Ride’ from the sport menu three you get some new options including a chance the select a particular bike. Then it only shows activities relating to that bike

Jim Junkie

Used to sell drugs, now he just takes them
Hmm, probably not a good thing to check but here goes:

Current Bike: Banshee Spitfire V2
Cost: Let's call it $5500 (so far). It was initially $3800 to get rolling, but has suffered upgrades and repairs over the course of it's life
Distance: 1912km
# Rides: 130
Cost per ride: $42

Previous Bike (still occasional use): Santa Cruz Blur TRc
Cost: About $4k over it's life
# Rides: 105
Cost per ride: $38

The Banshee will be my main steed for a while yet, so I reckon it'll push under the Blur. For the fun it gives me vs. what I'd have to pay to have that level of fun somewhere else, it's a bargain.

And finally, the commuter:
Cost: $3k? It was around there at least
# Rides: 447
Cost per ride: $6.7

The goal here is to get that cheaper than a train, at $4.11. Another few thousand km ought to do it.

Last edited:

Calvin27

Eats Squid
And finally, the commuter:
Cost: $3k? It was around there at least
# Rides: 447
Cost per ride: $6.7

The goal here is to get that cheaper than a train, at $4.11. Another few thousand km ought to do it.
Weird that my cheapest $per ride bike is also the commuter. It's kind of like those matres salespeople who tell you to spend 1/3 of your income on a bed because you spend 1/3 of your life on a bed.

My MTB $/ride wouldn't be so bad if stuff stopped breaking on it! It's why most of us have at least two!

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Weird that my cheapest $per ride bike is also the commuter. It's kind of like those matres salespeople who tell you to spend 1/3 of your income on a bed because you spend 1/3 of your life on a bed.

My MTB $/ride wouldn't be so bad if stuff stopped breaking on it! It's why most of us have at least two DOZEN!
FIFY

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt

My MTB $/ride wouldn't be so bad if stuff stopped breaking on it! It's why most of us have at least two!
The solution is to start commuting on your MTB :)