Formula One world championship

mik_git

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yeah so how many bazzilion hp does the merc have when they don't care how long it lasts (care being: fast and hopefully stay together for a few races).

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
I've never been a huge Hamilton fan, although I respect and admire his ability and achievements. He is undoubtedly one of the greatest ever. Verstappen, on the other hand, I've always quite liked.

Ironically though, given Horner and Red Bull's constant bitching about Mercedes, I hope to Christ that Lewis takes this championship and the whole Mercedes team flip a collective bird RB's way in three weeks time.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I wasn't going to watch it but it was better than I thought. I reckon both the bull and merc are whingers and it would be nice to see someone else take the crown but Lewis shits me more so he can come second by half a point.

madstace

Likes Dirt
In case anyone was unsure, Max made it abundantly clear who he is at Jeddah.
100 fucking percent. There were multiple incidents of Verstappen's making, yet officials had the audacity to pull Lewis up on him giving Max a bit back, just ridiculous. Yes the hand back incident was weird, but I wouldn't put it past RB to make it look to be doing the right thing while actually creating an incident. Take 2 wasn't much better, makes me think the FIA needs to make the process more rigid, with a "driver A must be in front of driver B by corner X" to better control the spirit of the rule, and better manage where on a particular track these things should happen.

My heart sort of broke a bit for Ocon, he drove so well and deserved a podium, but in my utter hatred of RB and wanting them to lose even the local chook raffle, I'm glad Mercedes got the extra points.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
That was nuts. Stomped on the brake pedal, 2.9G deceleration, did the red mist descend? Shades of Vettel in Baku?
Schumacher 1994 and 1997..... Prost and Senna 1989 and 1990.

Max tried to take Lewis out on multiple occasions in Jeddah and the FIA are essentially condoning his tactics with pathetic penalties. He needs to be DQ'ed at some point, maybe he'll think twice afterwards.

I have to commend Lewis for managing to avoid Max on many occasions this year, Silverstone and Monza aside. I really hope he takes the chocolates this weekend as he drives the right way, with respect and sporting integrity. And that's coming from someone that's never really had a thing for him.

Last edited:

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Schumacher 1994 and 1997..... Prost and Senna 1989 and 1990.

Max tried to take Lewis out on multiple occasions in Jeddah and the FIA are essentially condoning his tactics with pathetic penalties. He needs to be DQ'ed at some point, maybe he'll think twice afterwards.

I have to commend Lewis for managing to avoid Max on many occasions this year, Silverstone and Monza aside. I really hope he takes the chocolates this weekend as he drives the right way, with respect and sporting integrity. And that's coming from someone that's never really had a thing for him.
I have to agree, while comments about not wanting to cross the drs line first have merit I am also sure Max either wanted Lewis to run up his arse taking both out or bin it trying to avoid an accident. It has Marko all over it.

mik_git

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm far from a Max fan, but how is he suppossed to let soemone by if they won't actaully go past? Why wouldnt hamilton jus tdrive by at the slightest opportunity?

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I'm far from a Max fan, but how is he suppossed to let soemone by if they won't actaully go past? Why wouldnt hamilton jus tdrive by at the slightest opportunity?
Hamilton hadn't got the message from his team at that point, radio confirms that. What do you think let him past strategically means?