COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
The no smoking sign reminds me of a customer last night with a total lack of common sense. NSW has well known and pretty clear no smoking rules, sometimes it feels like we aren't far off no smoking in public or designated smoking spaces (like Japan). Anyway we have a big fenced off area that is no smoking, although poorly signed as such. A fellow takes 2 steps out the door and spark up...so I waddle over and politely point out he can't smoke and we have a bit of a chuckle about the poor signage and I manage to refrain from "for fuck's sake mate this isnt your first cigarette, everyone knows you can't smoke in the fucking doorway!". He is adamant that there are no signs though and that's a bit shit.. "you mean like this one right next to us?" He could have stubbed his smoke out on the sign!

Of course the red circle and cross has faded a lot so it just looks like a smouldering cigarette with words near it. So maybe he couldn't read and thought it was the smoking area? Anyway he made a good come back "how old is that sign mate? Looks like you got it at the thrift shop!" I'll be asking for new signage this week.

moorey

call me Mia
Fucking Fuck.

Just had email that Felix’s classmate tested positive.
He has to get test and isolate.
All but one testing place in Ballarat are closed down for freedom rally.
The one place open is overwhelmed and not seeing anyone today.
Felix is booked to be on a flight Tuesday morning to visit in-laws and pick up his deceased grandfather old hilux.
Closest place for testing is 1hr away in Melton.
You can’t call or book a test.
Racing there now, hoping they’re open and doing tests.

Fuck.

Cnting protesters.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Morons, unite!
As if the beautiful Southern Cross Eureka flag hadn’t already been corrupted enough by idiots with no idea what it stood for. The same crowd will idolise Ned Kelly.
Fuck off out of Ballarat.
I thought we had our fair share of farquers up here but you guys are almost outdoing Sydney. We might make up for it in by sheer numbers but you have higher quality IMHO.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Fucking Fuck.

Just had email that Felix’s classmate tested positive.
He has to get test and isolate.
All but one testing place in Ballarat are closed down for freedom rally.
The one place open is overwhelmed and not seeing anyone today.
Felix is booked to be on a flight Tuesday morning to visit in-laws and pick up his deceased grandfather old hilux.
Closest place for testing is 1hr away in Melton.
You can’t call or book a test.
Racing there now, hoping they’re open and doing tests.

Fuck.

Cnting protesters.
Geee, that is a headache. Redline it to Melton and I hope he tears negative.

Otherwise, can you get one of those rapid self testing kits from the local pharmacy?

Mum used one before a Doctor's visit to avoid having to visit a clinic. All depends if the results are see as valid by whoever wants to know I guess.

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Found out that a guy I used to work has gone down the anti-vax rabbit-hole along with his partner, who has actually lost her job for refusing to get jabbed. Their new plan is to head up to Queensland to be 'free' so have sold their house and are buying a caravan because apparently there's a commune up there for non-vaxxed.
Based on a quick google search, it looks QLD will be moving to a 'no-jab, no-entry' policy similar to that in Vic for most places from about 15 Dec, so fuck knows what these guys plan to do after that...

wornoutwords

Likes Dirt
We here in SA are well fucked now as well. No going back :(
That's any kind of normal christmas cancelled.
I'd hate to be running any kind of small business; one misplaced cough and you're shut down for 2 weeks with no income...

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Good old close contact struck again for me and ruined my weekend.
Get a call from work Sat morning, which is unusual unless poo had hit the fan.

Only been back in the office 2 days, but positive case was wandering around Wed - Fri.
Go and get tested asap which turned out to be early afternoon after an hour waiting at the testing site. Didn't get results back until 3:00 this afternoon!

Needless to say I will no longer be going back to the office lol.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
We here in SA are well fucked now as well. No going back :(
That's any kind of normal christmas cancelled.
I'd hate to be running any kind of small business; one misplaced cough and you're shut down for 2 weeks with no income...
Only 6 cases again today.

They used to be on the ball here, getting the numbers out early and new exposure sites.

Now the numbers dribble out between 4-6pm, exposure sites TBD... maybe tomorrow and always an exposure date from 5 days earlier.

CMO Spurrier recommended yesterday that the borders should be closed but this was overruled by Marshmallow.

Will be an interesting week ahead.

Minlak

custom titis
Found out that a guy I used to work has gone down the anti-vax rabbit-hole along with his partner, who has actually lost her job for refusing to get jabbed. Their new plan is to head up to Queensland to be 'free' so have sold their house and are buying a caravan because apparently there's a commune up there for non-vaxxed.
Based on a quick google search, it looks QLD will be moving to a 'no-jab, no-entry' policy similar to that in Vic for most places from about 15 Dec, so fuck knows what these guys plan to do after that...
This feels very much like the plot of a lot of Zombie movies I have seen - "They say there is a community where its zombie free we just have to get there" - 28 days later - One of the Resident Evils - The walking dead - just off the top of my head