The QUICK question thread.....

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I did read somewhere once that back in the 90's that Santa Cruz and Intense worked together on suspension. Not sure. But as both are based in Santa Cruz no doubt it was a joint project.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I did read somewhere once that back in the 90's that Santa Cruz and Intense worked together on suspension. Not sure. But as both are based in Santa Cruz no doubt it was a joint project.
Probably taking the Outland folks out to a drunken dinner in order to get their sweaty paws on the VPP sekrit blueprints.

Ibis also are about a block away from SC's HQ.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Hope X2 caliper 160 to 180mm postmount adapter (for rear, not that I think it matters)….

Do the Shimano ones work, or need to use the Hope one?

I used run one but gave it away. I don’t recall it being a Hope brand one. I have done some dremel work in the past though.

moorey

call me Mia
Hope X2 caliper 160 to 180mm postmount adapter (for rear, not that I think it matters)….

Do the Shimano ones work, or need to use the Hope one?

I used run one but gave it away. I don’t recall it being a Hope brand one. I have done some dremel work in the past though.
I’ve used Hope ones for Shimano brakes….so I believe so.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Looking to pick up a lightly used set of Ice tech rotors and haven’t used them before. The rotors for sale are just the rotors but looking at the item on line it shows that it’s supposed to have “tightening plates” or something along those lines. I don’t think the rotors I’m looking at come with any. Does it need them?

Jpez

Down on the left!
Looking to pick up a lightly used set of Ice tech rotors and haven’t used them before. The rotors for sale are just the rotors but looking at the item on line it shows that it’s supposed to have “tightening plates” or something along those lines. I don’t think the rotors I’m looking at come with any. Does it need them?
I googled my own question and found the answer- wait for it. Here!!
Is that you Hambo??

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
More correctly "anti-loosening" plates. Given the number of loose rotors (maybe not coincidentally models that lack such plates & bolts) I see through the workshop, they're a good idea. Just note they need bolts to suit. There are two different sets that I know of; one has a little sticky-uppy tang on each end of the plate which bites into a toothy underside of the bolt heads, the other type has a couple of folded-up fences on each end of the plate, with triangular-headed bolts. You can run without them, but better with them. I probably have a few spares at work that I can send to you.

Jpez

Down on the left!
More correctly "anti-loosening" plates. Given the number of loose rotors (maybe not coincidentally models that lack such plates & bolts) I see through the workshop, they're a good idea. Just note they need bolts to suit. There are two different sets that I know of; one has a little sticky-uppy tang on each end of the plate which bites into a toothy underside of the bolt heads, the other type has a couple of folded-up fences on each end of the plate, with triangular-headed bolts. You can run without them, but better with them. I probably have a few spares at work that I can send to you.
Thanks mate. I’ve never had a rotor bolt come loose so I’ll just make sure I’ve got fresh lock tight and good torque and see how I go. If they do loosen up I might hit you up. Cheers.

moorey

call me Mia
Thanks mate. I’ve never had a rotor bolt come loose so I’ll just make sure I’ve got fresh lock tight and good torque and see how I go. If they do loosen up I might hit you up. Cheers.
Hold my beer. Message from a fuckwit mate last night. Every bolt fell out. Didn’t notice until he stopped. Cracked one bolt hole.
How the fuck don’t you notice ALL your bolts have come out? Imagine the sound, let alone the brake likely not connecting with rotor?