STOLEN Polygon Trid zz stolen Newcastle (Islington)

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Well I collected the bike this morning. It's fucked! I am of course grateful to the people that helped reunite me with it, but a day soaking in a saltwater swamp has not been good for it.

I'll be discussing this all with my insurer tomorrow so don't want to get too detailed until I have an outcome. But short term, here's a teaser shot...you can see the magnesium in the fork Lowers is stating to fall apart.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Geee, that saltwater really does its nasty work quickly.

At least you have closure and a tempting pile of spares to ponder.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Geee, that saltwater really does its nasty work quickly.

At least you have closure and a tempting pile of spares to ponder.
I don't think there will be any spares on the bike that can be salvaged. I couldn't imagine those forks sustaining too many hits under my weight now the metal looks like honeycomb!

A for the spares in my garage they all went onto the nuke proof build. The pantry is very bare now.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Well I collected the bike this morning. It's fucked! I am of course grateful to the people that helped reunite me with it, but a day soaking in a saltwater swamp has not been good for it.

I'll be discussing this all with my insurer tomorrow so don't want to get too detailed until I have an outcome. But short term, here's a teaser shot...you can see the magnesium in the fork Lowers is stating to fall apart.

View attachment 383165
It needed to be totally stripped down and treated against corrosion the moment it left the water. I would be stripping down the frame of every bearing and screw if you want to salvage it.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
It needed to be totally stripped down and treated against corrosion the moment it left the water. I would be stripping down the frame of every bearing and screw if you want to salvage it.
I reckon it's beyond that already. The amount of water that has leaked out onto my garage floor was not insignificant. Inside those tubes is going to look like a coke addicts sinuses.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I don't think there will be any spares on the bike that can be salvaged. I couldn't imagine those forks sustaining too many hits under my weight now the metal looks like honeycomb!

A for the spares in my garage they all went onto the nuke proof build. The pantry is very bare now.
Oh well. Stick it on Gumtree or FB and charge a Covid priced arm and leg for it.
Seems to work for most other people and you know what you have got.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I reckon it's beyond that already. The amount of water that has leaked out onto my garage floor was not insignificant. Inside those tubes is going to look like a coke addicts sinuses.
It should have fairly thick tubing, if you were to spray a heap of CRC or oil in there after blowing the water out, the coke production line will cease to work. The best place for it was to remain in the creek, everything that turns that doesn't look screwed now, will be in a few months time.

Last edited: