The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
I suspect Biden was an anomaly, its still a global march to the extreme right. Here as well obviously.

Centrist parties really have to lift their game if we are to stop the spread of authoritanism and i dont see that happening anywhere.
Monday night down here in Victoria and some brainwashed Qanon Trumpys park themselves at Parliament House screeching about freedom from tyranny while simultaneously calling for several members of parliament including the Premier to be dragged out and hanged. Fail to see irony.

Tuesday morning: saggy soufflé Oppo leader Matthew Guy holds a media door stop in front of said crazies on prime time TV. Fails to rebuke them, fails to condemn the members of his party openly siding with them. Fails to make any association that defending crazies calling for your head may not be a smart life choice in the long run.

Who is advising these brain damaged flogs in the LNP? Anyone? Are they doing it via finger painting? Of course Scomo completely MIA too.

I watched the January 6 insurrection with horror / rage but at least thinking "well zero chance of that happening here." No longer so sure..

FoxRidersCo

Sanity is not statistical
Google, which a few months ago was threatening to pull its search services from Australia over the media copyrights debacle has now done an about face and committed to spending/investing $1bn into Australia with ScoMo's blessing.

Did the government have to sell its soul to get the deal across the line or has it promised Google unfetted access to our personal data, science, tech, research and agriculture etc .. ???

The gubberment probably threw in a massive tax break to sweeten the pot.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Monday night down here in Victoria and some brainwashed Qanon Trumpys park themselves at Parliament House screeching about freedom from tyranny while simultaneously calling for several members of parliament including the Premier to be dragged out and hanged. Fail to see irony.

Tuesday morning: saggy soufflé Oppo leader Matthew Guy holds a media door stop in front of said crazies on prime time TV. Fails to rebuke them, fails to condemn the members of his party openly siding with them. Fails to make any association that defending crazies calling for your head may not be a smart life choice in the long run.

Who is advising these brain damaged flogs in the LNP? Anyone? Are they doing it via finger painting? Of course Scomo completely MIA too.

I watched the January 6 insurrection with horror / rage but at least thinking "well zero chance of that happening here." No longer so sure..
Finding myself almost in the middle of that last weekend has scarred me. Being around that much illogical rage and stupidity is not fun.
The ABC interviewed a few people camping out at parliament how.
They ask an elderly lady “Can you tell us why you’re here?”
Old lady- “The bill. I don’t know exactly what’s in it but I know it’s worse than what we have now!”
Da fuc!!! She doesn’t even know why she’s there.

LPG

likes thicc birds
Why aren't there nutcases in Canberra demanding to put our useless federal government into a coal fed gas chamber? It would be nice to have nutcases that weren't so off their chops...

The Dude

Wasn't asking to be banned
Just got another SMS from the UAP even though I blocked them on my phone FFS...

View attachment 383077
Yes, POS has sent me three now. Even though I've complained every time

I think I read somewhere that the GRUBBY political parties have exempted themselves from normal SPAM restrictions by insisting that political "messages" are necessary for "the retention of democracy in Australia"

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Yes, POS has sent me three now. Even though I've complained every time

I think I read somewhere that the GRUBBY political parties have exempted themselves from normal SPAM restrictions by insisting that political "messages" are necessary for "the retention of democracy in Australia"
Yes, this is correct. They 'should' stick to business hours in your timezone but I wouldn't guarantee anything these guys do. No point responding to shortcode number they send the bulk SMS campaigns since it won't go anywhere.

I found his number after a google search. I forwarded his message to his mobile number. I haven't got anything else yet. Wait 'n see if there will be more.

Screenshot_20211119-230501_Messages.jpg

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Put them on a cashless welfare card too, where 80% of their income is managed - they can only spend it on approved purchases, and the payment system is so fucking useless that they may get evicted from their rental accomodation, or fined by their local council for failing to pay rates on time, or penalised by the utility companies for failing to pay gas, electricity or water bills on time.