Requests to have account deleted and posts removed

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Well we seem to have got past Hambo successfully. Halo’s sly plug for tacos and the Saviour is a nice segue, although I wonder at the sort of thought process that ended up with Jesus as the centrepiece of that contraption.

Kinky time poor spiritual Mexican boxer, or a prop from the movie “Eat Pray Love” perhaps?

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Well we seem to have got past Hambo successfully.
Someone mentioned him, and some of us were chatting about him the other night. We all agreed he got a pretty harsh booting.

That got me thinking, who has actually read the rules? I had not, because I joined around 2004 with my other account that I now can't access I am sure I read them and committed them to memory then.

Turns out if you joined after 2008, you have not read the rules. Because they have not existed since 2008. Feel free to correct me, but the READ FIRST thread links to a link that has not existed since 2008, and I can't find any other Forum Rules. So Hambo got life banned for a rule that doesn't exist.

I found the rules.

Nothing about lifetime bans for duplicate accounts, just that you shouldn't have them and this dictatorial line at the end:

:!: Farkin.net and its staff member reserve the right to edit or delete any topic without notice or reason and to ban any member at any time for any reason. :!:

Also on sign up, you only need to agree to the terms and privacy policy which have no mention of duplicate accounts.

If rules are to be enforced, they must exist. Free Hambo.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Someone mentioned him, and some of us were chatting about him the other night. We all agreed he got a pretty harsh booting.

That got me thinking, who has actually read the rules? I had not, because I joined around 2004 with my other account that I now can't access I am sure I read them and committed them to memory then.

Turns out if you joined after 2008, you have not read the rules. Because they have not existed since 2008. Feel free to correct me, but the READ FIRST thread links to a link that has not existed since 2008, and I can't find any other Forum Rules. So Hambo got life banned for a rule that doesn't exist.

I found the rules.

Nothing about lifetime bans for duplicate accounts, just that you shouldn't have them and this dictatorial line at the end:

:!: Farkin.net and its staff member reserve the right to edit or delete any topic without notice or reason and to ban any member at any time for any reason. :!:

Also on sign up, you only need to agree to the terms and privacy policy which have no mention of duplicate accounts.

If rules are to be enforced, they must exist.
You're right, the rules could be listed.

Free Hambo.
Fuck no.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
You're right, the rules could be listed.

Fuck no.
A quorum I was part of agreed there are people ten times more annoying, attention seeking, and shit posting regularly than Hambo ever was.

He did a stupid thing but also contributed some useful conversation and took me riding in Cairns as I knew nobody up there.

To say he shouldn't come back because of annoying posts (he's not going to make another duplicate account, so that's a moot point) is hypocrisy.

Minlak

custom titis
A quorum I was part of agreed there are people ten times more annoying, attention seeking, and shit posting regularly than Hambo ever was.

He did a stupid thing but also contributed some useful conversation and took me riding in Cairns as I knew nobody up there.

To say he shouldn't come back because of annoying posts (he's not going to make another duplicate account, so that's a moot point) is hypocrisy.
To be fair this was nearly 4 pages back and a couple of weeks -

Like I’ve always said; be the same person in the flesh as you are on a forum. I don’t really care who the member is, having numerous accounts is dishonest and makes you untrustworthy. It’s our role on the site to protect our members from that stuff so yeah nah, he ain’t welcome.

AND!!!

Cute story etc etc. Had you of just taken some time away and found your feet again, all good. Setting up a new account though; make that two (2) accounts screams that you need more in your day than this forum. We’re good lads on here and always up to help out. Trying your shit on with three accounts though? That’s not sending signals to people you want to converse with that would want to trust you.
Rules are rules for a reason, has been the same here since it started.
How about we talk about something less boring than this?
Soooooo That is Dozer's take and if you have actually been here for as long as you say you pretty much should know by now what that means when our overlord speaks.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
We all agreed he got a pretty harsh booting.
Imagine you're selling some bike parts to a dude on Rotorburn, you know him on face value via this forum so you send the bits before he pays for it. That account then gets removed, he's on the site under another alias and continues to assume it's okay to stitch people up by posting as another user. You never get paid because the user details are gone and you blame the Rotorburn admin team because you have no other avenue to pursue.
Multiple accounts mean multiple problems.
And as for Hambo being banned, the fucking guy asked to be removed and bullshitted me, you and everyone else on here with several accounts. Der.

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Difference is we don't have to trawl through 100 posts a day from Hambo to find what Dozer thinks