Barefoot/Minimalist Shoes

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
A few years ago while at Uni, a few mates and I got into barefoot running around inner Sydney to the point where we were running 10km around Blackwattle Bay every week
While I can't run anymore, I don't mind walking around barefoot or in a pair of flip flops as most aussies do but I'm after a pair of shoes that simulate the feel of barefoot I can pick up as a casual shoe. I normally cart around in a pair of Stan Smiths and I want something a bit more relaxed I can wear with shorts or a pair jeans.
I've been looking at Xero Prios, but wondered if anyone had any experience/recommendations they wanted to share?

Rorschach

I wear vivo barefoot at work in the office and have a pair for weekends and chasing my daughter. I only buy them when they are having a30% off sale. Vivo's can look a bit like clown shoes as they are designed to let your feet spread.

I looked at the Vivo shoes but they’re super expensive and the only ones I liked they don’t seem to do anymore, but they do rate well.

How do you find them? I like the Xeros as they have an insole you can take out that gives a bit more cushioning and they look a bit more ‘normal’…

slowmick

38-39"
Yeah - I need the insole with the vivo. I am not hard core enough to go full minimalist. The first pair fo vivos i got were just over $100. Prices have gone crazy since then. The Xeros are nice understated shoes.

Rorschach

Just bought a pair of Vivo Primus Lite 3's in the black friday sales, 25% off so a bit more palatable
Should be here after I get back from a week away, just in time for summer

Calvin27

Eats Squid
I ran inov8 f235 v2s and they were my favorite shoe. Pretty much flat foot with a bit more cushion than the vivobarefoot style shoes. unfrotunately they made v3 have a 4mm drop and they felt like any other normal shoe now.

Running vivo primus 3 also but would prefer something with a little more cushion. I think I got some strange cigarette packging green ones for $150 odd.but bloody hell this shoe thing is not cheap.

Rorschach

I ran inov8 f235 v2s and they were my favorite shoe. Pretty much flat foot with a bit more cushion than the vivobarefoot style shoes. unfrotunately they made v3 have a 4mm drop and they felt like any other normal shoe now.

Running vivo primus 3 also but would prefer something with a little more cushion. I think I got some strange cigarette packging green ones for $150 odd.but bloody hell this shoe thing is not cheap.
That’s what I paid for the black ones. If they don’t have much cushioning then I’ll see about a thicker insole. I’m in bare feet as much as possible so hope these work out

Calvin27

Eats Squid
That’s what I paid for the black ones. If they don’t have much cushioning then I’ll see about a thicker insole. I’m in bare feet as much as possible so hope these work out
You'll be fine, it's not as bad as some really bare shoes so should work fine for daily use walking etc. One pet peeve with those shoes is the ineers have some kind of super tacky material and the shoe itself is flexy which makes for a difficult shoe to put on. Everything else seems to be great lol.