Little Things You Love

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Not an inaccurate image.

Just say you've had a rough morning on the bags and they'll let you off. Might even get a free drink...
It was a rough morning. I was very mean but have zero fucks left for that job. Roughly:

"I'll stay for the rest of today so client isn't disturbed, but know you make this one of the shittest places I've ever worked."

Apparently we were going to talk about it later, but they made themselves busy doing other things when the time came.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
It was a rough morning. I was very mean but have zero fucks left for that job. Roughly:

"I'll stay for the rest of today so client isn't disturbed, but know you make this one of the shittest places I've ever worked."

Apparently we were going to talk about it later, but they made themselves busy doing other things when the time came.
That's really crap my man, hospo jobs when they turn to shit are such a bad time, and then you got your bike stolen :(

Out of interest is it a bit of a worker's market in hospitality currently?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
That's really crap my man, hospo jobs when they turn to shit are such a bad time, and then you got your bike stolen :(

Out of interest is it a bit of a worker's market in hospitality currently?
Oh I've never bothered to stick around once a hospitality job goes to shit. There's no point and always plenty of other jobs to go to. I'm a little partial to burning the bridges when I do too...threw a bunch of shit at the owner of one place in the middle of a busy dinner service one night after he made his event floor cry in front of the patrons. Of course once I was outside and ready to go home I realised my wallet and keys were inside behind the bar.

The second job is a bit more complex than straight up hospitality, it's a training role. I've never liked it and have a constant struggle about what it should be vs what it is. I picked it up last year in the lock down as my main job is in a live events venue and there wasn't much of that happening! I was all set to quit it just before this latest lockdown (I had clawed back some of the financial loses of 2020) but forgot to shoot off the email! I had a couple of weeks on snow booked and figured I wouldn't go back...well this job is lockdown resistant and the work scenario improved. We'd had discussions about making those improvements permanent and that all went to shit once lockdown ended.

As for the job market it might be, but I'm not sure as I'm not looking. Friends around here who own or manage venues are having trouble getting staff, some of my favourite places are closed a few days/nights a week because of it, lots of places (including both my jobs) have very green (and useless) staff, and it's become quite hard to get good coffee! I have heard rumours of places ran by big business offering very good pay rates or packages. There's a new 5 star hotel here that is supposedly offering around $50 hour for the sort of bar+coffee work I do. Seems a bit unlikely to me and I'd have to dress up for work, something I hate doing. I only use ties for sexual aids.