Plastic bags, climate change, renewable energy,

DuncanJenkins

Likes Bikes
It's interesting that most of the world's Governments are run by men and typically, men's health lags behind women's because we leave things to the last minute before heading to the Doctor. The same can be said for climate change and the well-being of the environment.

Imagine if more women were in power over the last 100 years.

SummitFever

Eats Squid
That depends. If the shit thats happening in the skys, which is increasingly being confirmed as real by the likes of the pentagon et al, is actually extra terrestrial, then everything about these statements becomes untrue.

The recent videos of crafts released by US air force pilots (confirmed as real by the US govt) raises some really interesting implications.. Though the govt hasnt confirmed their origin, they have confirmed that the footage is real. Thats huge. Whether they are ET in origin or not highlights that the laws of physics as we understand them today are being broken.
Not sure if your serious. UFOs surely exist but they're only really an "unidentified" flying object to the extent you can't identify the object. A frizbee across the back fence is 100% a UFO if you can't "identify" what it was. It's a big reach from unidentified optical (or sensor derived) phenomenon to little green men and redneck abductions with compulsory anal probing.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Not sure if your serious. UFOs surely exist but they're only really an "unidentified" flying object to the extent you can't identify the object. A frizbee across the back fence is 100% a UFO if you can't "identify" what it was. It's a big reach from unidentified optical (or sensor derived) phenomenon to little green men and redneck abductions with compulsory anal probing.
I'm not claiming ET or otherwise, because we don't know, and the military claims to also not know. But what we do know is that there is military verified video footage recorded of objects seemingly breaking the laws of physics. That's kind of interesting, no?

The implications are pretty profound regardless of whatever it is, man made or not.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
There a lot of additional media coverage around that report. But th3 current line is "we don't know what it is, we're not going to speculate, but it's definately something"

I do note that some of the language that's now starting to appear as part of all this concerns national security (when it didn't before and the official line was - nothing to see here ya crackpot). That's given rise to some very entertaining conspiracies about false flag operations. Very entertaining reading if you get bored

link1896

Mr Greenfield
When a f18 pilot reports that the “something” is there one second, visible with the naked eye, on radar, on IR camera, seen by multiple highly skilled aviators simultaneously, no wings, no heat plume, moving faster then any aircraft can at that altitude, and then GONE the next moment, there are a lot of unanswered questions.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
If you've ever had the privelage of playing with an IR camera, you'll understand the whole "no exhaust plume" commentary being pretty pivotal in these videos.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
As a service to my fellow burners, I will give the real story - we is all fucked and humanity may very well not survive the next few centuries. But lets have a crack at minimising the damage and buy Elon some time to sort out the Mars colony. There is a zero chance that any of the future generations will enjoy the bounties and luxury of the stable and comfortable planet our forebears had.
The great Bill Hicks view on humanity was that we are a “virus with shoes” and he was right. We go on about the cockroach’s ability to survive but I think we’ve got them beat. We’ve covered more of the earth than those little fuckers and all before the advent of modern technology.

We’ve managed largely on foot -sometimes by rudimentary boat- to spread from the savanna of Africa all the way to the southern tip of South America, creating settlements in extremely harsh places such as the deserts of Africa, Arabia and Australia, the dense jungles of the Amazon, the dense mountainous jungles of Papua New Guinea, the bitter cold of the Arctic and the frozen steppes of central Russia, the frosty, oxygen deficient high plateaus of the Andes and the Himalayas, The islands and atolls of the vast, stormy Pacific Ocean and the utter soul-sucking mundanity of Adelaide.

I can certainly see a lot of hardship and often catastrophic loss of life as a result of our changing climate but if we’ve proved one thing as humans, it’s that we’re adaptable.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
The great Bill Hicks view on humanity was that we are a “virus with shoes” and he was right. We go on about the cockroach’s ability to survive but I think we’ve got them beat. We’ve covered more of the earth than those little fuckers and all before the advent of modern technology.

We’ve managed largely on foot -sometimes by rudimentary boat- to spread from the savanna of Africa all the way to the southern tip of South America, creating settlements in extremely harsh places such as the deserts of Africa, Arabia and Australia, the dense jungles of the Amazon, the dense mountainous jungles of Papua New Guinea, the bitter cold of the Arctic and the frozen steppes of central Russia, the frosty, oxygen deficient high plateaus of the Andes and the Himalayas, The islands and atolls of the vast, stormy Pacific Ocean and the utter soul-sucking mundanity of Adelaide.

I can certainly see a lot of hardship and often catastrophic loss of life as a result of our changing climate but if we’ve proved one thing as humans, it’s that we’re adaptable.
Like my cousin coming to Victoria from Kalgoorlie to show people how to live in a cave? Sure that’s on the cards in 10-15 years time