What does your day look like?

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Phone cameras are getting pretty good these days… o_O

Worst possible lighting arrangement, but ol’ waspy was kind enough not to fly away while I stuck a camera right up in its face so I’ll take it!

(Was just spot’od in the front yard while doing some pruning…)

beeb

You get the lockout cable sorted?
I think so. It’s pretty tight, but the cable does move so it should be fine. Going to fit the fork, bars and remote lock-out and that’ll be it for today I suspect. I routed all the cables and hoses first so I could feed from the BB end then direct them into the ports either side of the steerer before I installed the fork as it’s far “easier”. :)

beeb

I think so. It’s pretty tight, but the cable does move so it should be fine. Going to fit the fork, bars and remote lock-out and that’ll be it for today I suspect. I routed all the cables and hoses first so I could feed from the BB end then direct them into the ports either side of the steerer before I installed the fork as it’s far “easier”. :)
I went a bit further. The remote lockout’s working perfectly on the shock, but couldn’t get it working on the fork, so reverted it to the standard Grip sweep dial (for now). Project for another day that one, but I’ll tinker away throughout the week and complete the rest. Thinking I’m going to need some higher rise bars though, I’m not that XC… :oops:

Last edited:

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
I went a bit further. The remote lockout’s working perfectly on the shock, but couldn’t get it working on the fork, so reverted it to the standard Grip sweep dial. Project for another day that one, but I’ll tinker away throughout the week and complete the rest. Thinking I’m going to need some higher rise bars though, I’m not that XC… :oops:
View attachment 382439
I've found the Grip remotes to be tricky to set up. Best method I've found is to switch the lever on, then use an allen key to turn the dial to full lock, then connect the cable. Releasing the lever then opens the damper.