The gaming thread

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Remember the game from the mid nineties on PC called Myst? Was a puzzle game on an island, quite tricky. I started it back then and to this day have always intended to finish it. Well, 25 years later and it’s done, finished it with the various different endings on the remastered Xbox version.

Fuck it was boring.
Haha remember it, but it's one of those fond memories best left alone.

I've tried some retro gaming after pangs of nostalgia and it just doesn't stack up. The exception is arcade games, like SF2, MK, metal slug etc

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Remember the game from the mid nineties on PC called Myst? Was a puzzle game on an island, quite tricky. I started it back then and to this day have always intended to finish it. Well, 25 years later and it’s done, finished it with the various different endings on the remastered Xbox version.

Fuck it was boring.
Remember it well, from memory even at the time it was a mastery of style over substance. The sequel (Riven) was nicknamed Drivel.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Remember it well, from memory even at the time it was a mastery of style over substance. The sequel (Riven) was nicknamed Drivel.
I won't wait another 25 years to finish the sequel. Safe to say that that saga is now put to rest for me.
I can't remember the ending of Wolfenstein, maybe I'll dig that old set of floppy discs out. ;)

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
I won't wait another 25 years to finish the sequel. Safe to say that that saga is now put to rest for me.
I can't remember the ending of Wolfenstein, maybe I'll dig that old set of floppy discs out. ;)
Yes do it! Fark I loved that game as a kid. At least until Doom came out and it looked a bit antiquated by comparison.
Do you have the full six episode series or just the Shareware version?

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Was a puzzle game on an island, quite tricky.
Fuck it was boring.
Yes! And yes... Great graphics for its time. Kinda fun concept. I think I stopped on one of the islands after trying to map some bloody railway cart or monorail?

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
got up this morning with my 2 trying to register Riders Republic
got it sorted and away, not as good as I was expecting but I guess I will have to give it time

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Quake had a 25 year update recently if you guys are after some nostalgia. Still the same old Quake, but with high res support, smoother models and better lighting.
the N64 filter is epic too. so much nostalgia you'll feel lightheaded, or maybe thats the nausea like the old days?

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
The first of the modern Wolfenstein reboots (The New Order) was an absolute hoot! Well worth checking out AND there’s a mini-game in it where you get to play the original ms-dos Wolfenstein.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
The first of the modern Wolfenstein reboots (The New Order) was an absolute hoot! Well worth checking out AND there’s a mini-game in it where you get to play the original ms-dos Wolfenstein.
One of the most immersive single player campaigns I've played. Still prefer the flat out violence of doom, but the storyline in Wolfenstein was proper compelling, and those panzerhunds were farking terrifying.

Also the dos minigame

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Quake had a 25 year update recently if you guys are after some nostalgia. Still the same old Quake, but with high res support, smoother models and better lighting.
I remember that game just stomping on every other FPS back in 1996 (if you had a Pentium), despite the slightly weird setting. Great fun. Shamblers were pretty out there.
I've heard that was really good - is that the one where the original dude (Blackowitz?) is like all old and trying to protect his estranged family or something?

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
One of the most immersive single player campaigns I've played. Still prefer the flat out violence of doom, but the storyline in Wolfenstein was proper compelling, and those panzerhunds were farking terrifying.

Also the dos minigame

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk
The Moon Nazis were ace. I loved the low-g shenanigans. Shame it was such a short detour. They could have made a whole game in that setting!

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Anyone played Deathloop? Loved Prey (2016 one) and the two Dishonoreds - hoping this one in same league.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Anyone played Deathloop? Loved Prey (2016 one) and the two Dishonoreds - hoping this one in same league.
Also me and am sorta waiting for a gap in my gaming regime to play it. I like the idea of it but guess I'll wait for a sale.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
I just started the new Age of Empires. I’m only on the tutorial section so far but it seems quite fluid and simple so far and I quite like the balance of city-building and tactical combat.

Also, my villagers just stabbed some cunts on horseback to death with spears and then firebombed their stables which made me a little bit feel homesick.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Also me and am sorta waiting for a gap in my gaming regime to play it. I like the idea of it but guess I'll wait for a sale.
Played a couple hours of it now (grabbed it on sale for PC) - it hasn't quite grabbed me yet, but its building... Definitely an Arkane game