Posting photos?

Scotty675

Cable thief
How do I post photos not taken off my phone? To post a pic off my phone I have to use a resize it app to get photos small enough to load.
How do I post photos from my camera or laptop. All I get is to big to post! I tried resizing and quality goes to shit.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
PSA: New version of iOS allows you to choose size of photo when you go to attach files. So airdrop / bluetooth / email from other device, save to photos and post a medium size.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
For my windows computer I email them to myself via the phone and open them with "paint" if you have it. Them just resize them to 40%

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
OK I've done a quick test, and it seems like the forum does some compression to images when you upload them.

Hosted by Rotorburn:

Hosted by imgur:

This is something that only @Scott would be able to deal with, but I assume what's happening is that the images are compressed so this website doesn't take up too much space on the server. Presumably the 2mb limit is just what the compression system is set up to deal with.

The above image is 1.3mb, and would look fine even below 1mb.

TL;DR, use a hosting service if you want your images to look their best.

Flow-Rider

Burner
OK I've done a quick test, and it seems like the forum does some compression to images when you upload them.

Hosted by Rotorburn:
View attachment 381905

Hosted by imgur:

This is something that only @Scott would be able to deal with, but I assume what's happening is that the images are compressed so this website doesn't take up too much space on the server. Presumably the 2mb limit is just what the compression system is set up to deal with.

The above image is 1.3mb, and would look fine even below 1mb.

TL;DR, use a hosting service if you want your images to look their best.
Might be time for membership payments and you can have the privilege of 4mb pics?

link1896

Mr Greenfield
time to fund raise for an external DAS box

second hand Dell MD1200 $900

second hand LSI 92XX raid card $100

eight x WD ultrastar 8TB sas drives @ $464 each. $2784

total $ 3784 inc. would end up with about 36TB in raid 5.

would use about $1200 a year in electricity

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Sorry for messing up your thread Poods.

Maybe a mod can move the picture chat to another thread.

I believe if you used TapaTalk (which I dont and never have) you can send pictures via PM.

FWIW the Samsung S21 Ultra takes 108mp photos at around 40mb each ;) Hmmmm... detail overload.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Sorry for messing up your thread Poods.

Maybe a mod can move the picture chat to another thread.

I believe if you used TapaTalk (which I dont and never have) you can send pictures via PM.

FWIW the Samsung S21 Ultra takes 108mp photos at around 40mb each ;) Hmmmm... detail overload.
I tried to log in tap talk the other day, after the 3rd attempt I gave up.