COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

SummitFever

Eats Squid
Sort of agree but it’s the children and my kids I worry about as under 12 and can’t get a vax. Yes kids seem to bounce back from the spicy cough pretty well but we don’t know long term effects yet. Wife is a teacher so once things open up bound to get it. Pollies know best apparently. Buckle up Dorothy things are going to get wild!
It's old people too. 3/4 of those that died in aged care in NSW were double vaxxed. If you get delta in aged care in NSW you have a 14% chance of dying. Those are not great odds.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
It's old people too. 3/4 of those that died in aged care in NSW were double vaxxed. If you get delta in aged care in NSW you have a 14% chance of dying. Those are not great odds.
Shit. Surely when it all goes custard restrictions will be reintroduced. Not kept up with overseas details but from what I have read here they just accept that they will get COVID.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Shit. Surely when it all goes custard restrictions will be reintroduced. Not kept up with overseas details but from what I have read here they just accept that they will get COVID.

The blood is on the Premiers hands. Marshmallow says he will obey party orders and open SA when ordered to by his party.

Duty of care ? What if your parents, child, partner or family member died of corona due to a political ball licking decision.

We will all get it eventually... but the timing is crucial.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
The blood is on the Premiers hands. Marshmallow says he will obey party orders and open SA when ordered to by his party.

Duty of care ? What if your parents, child, partner or family member died of corona due to a political ball licking decision.

We will all get it eventually... but the timing is crucial.
Yup. The words of a friend of a friend who works in infectious diseases still ring in my head. Just like you said we will all get it at some point it’s a matter of how good the vax’s are and not filling up the hospitals.

moorey

call me Mia
I really dislike the dying of/dying with Covid debate (and idiots saying doctors are gushing the numbers to get more money somehow), but there’s a place for it in nursing homes. So many co-morbidities, so vulnerable already, takes so little extra to bring an earlier end to life, even if they were close already.
We desperately need to keep the aged care sector as clear of covid as possible, but their vulnerability does skew the numbers somewhat. As I see it at least.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Yeah but they had underlying health issues and we're going to die soon anyway...seems to be the company line on that one. Which wouldn't cut it for me if it was my grandmother.

What I will take is for this to have a direct close personal impact on these mindless arseholes. Barnaby gave less than zero fucks about kids being bullied online until it was his adult daughter's turn in the spotlight. Suddenly it was really important.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
I somenursing homes. So many co-morbidities, so vulnerable already, takes so little extra to bring an earlier end to life, even if they were close already.
We desperately need to keep the aged care sector as clear of covid as possible, but their vulnerability does skew the numbers somewhat.
nursing homes [excluding retirement homes] are some of the most putrid worst places ever had to get samples from, it’s not living, so many lying/sitting around -you see the skin they are sitting on is ridiculous, the smelll of urine/other bodily excretory products is foul - i’d prefer to go into a drug den and get samples from hepC/hiv infected drug barons (some of these guys can be quite chatty)..
i know there are some good ones but i’d still prefer to be dead than live in one -

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
We cancelled our accommodation for Derby this morning. Had to do it by noon today to get a full refund for next Thursday's booking. One of the other couples has bailed and we are concerned Hobart lock down may not end on Monday given the experience of the Mainland states. So if we can get away by Wednesday we will head to St Helens and stay for 3 nights with Yvonne's mum. Probably get a shuttle to the top of the Blue Tier one day, ride the Dreaming Pools trail the next and spend the third day riding as much of the stacked loops as possible.
Then head to L'ston via Derby for just a day of riding. Then onto the Latrobe area for 6 days.
We really have nothing to complain about here. Even staying with in 5 kms of home we can ride Knocklofty and most of Mt Wellington.

moorey

call me Mia
nursing homes [excluding retirement homes] are some of the most putrid worst places ever had to get samples from, it’s not living, so many lying/sitting around -you see the skin they are sitting on is ridiculous, the smelll of urine/other bodily excretory products is foul - i’d prefer to go into a drug den and get samples from hepC/hiv infected drug barons (some of these guys can be quite chatty)..
i know there are some good ones but i’d still prefer to be dead than live in one -
And your point?
Also, you managed to quote, and ADD errors. Stellar work.

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So no Youies or Harcourt, but I'll settle for Lysterfield and some single track over my 15km of boredom (although the weather looks crap).
Taking leave on Friday for a victory/birthday/freedom ride :D