COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Minlak

custom titis
We are but I think people's haste to make money will get in the way of their health in the long run, we don't have to be like other countries you know, Australia has its own Identity. You think people have psychological issues now, wait until they lose loved ones where they can't even visit them in hospital for their last days.
Thats been happening for 18 mths - as well as limitations on how many can attend the funeral.

Minlak

custom titis
It will be worse when they open the flood gates, new variant of the virus comes in, back into lockdown, people trapped here from overseas with no income.
I am not replying to you directly here - People have to stop saying Back Into Lockdown - that is finished - this is the "Freedom Plan" - possibly super isolated lockdowns have been mentioned but pretty that's it.

Jpez

Down on the left!
I am not replying to you directly here - People have to stop saying Back Into Lockdown - that is finished - this is the "Freedom Plan" - possibly super isolated lockdowns have been mentioned but pretty that's it.
I don’t think think you can be so sure of that. If/When the hospitals become overwhelmed the government might decide they have no choice to bring it under control again. I don’t think any of our state governments can stomach the huge ongoing death tolls after opening up like the UK had.

Minlak

custom titis
I don’t think think you can be so sure of that. If/When the hospitals become overwhelmed the government might decide they have no choice to bring it under control again. I don’t think any of our state governments can stomach the huge ongoing death tolls after opening up like the UK had.
I am the least sure of anything - i have no idea what's going on most of the time - But the rhetoric around the current approach is "Freedom" :)

SlowManiac

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I mean - there's ALWAYS going to be the possibility of a new variant. Maybe for decades...
Do we keep borders closed because of that?

I know this a pretty unpopular opinion here (and I totally understand where others are coming from) but for me it's get vaccinated and open up. Can't see any other way.
Don't want to get into a internet fight about it - like I said I respect and understand differences of opinion.

Minlak

custom titis
I mean - there's ALWAYS going to be the possibility of a new variant. Maybe for decades...

I know this a pretty unpopular opinion here (and I totally understand where others are coming from) but for me it's get vaccinated and open up. Can't see any other way.
Don't want to get into a internet fight about it - like I said I respect and understand differences of opinion.
Well you came to the right place :)

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I wonder if they care?
They do not care about anything except the money.

Incoming hotel quarantine into NSW scrapped from 1 November.
That's HUGE for those that want to travel overseas, means airlines might start flying here again.
And for those like myself with family overseas it's pretty welcome news
As soon as foreign governments get that stupid I am going to set my holiday funds on FIRE @Minlak style.

There is no care now - We are OPEN - there is no going back for whatever it turns out to be
Get it right: NSW - open for business!

For somewhere claiming to be the premier state, we are a special kind of stupid.

So the word on the street is Hobart/Tas is set for a 3 day lock down from 6pm tonight due to that absolute POS from NSW who walked out of hotel quarantine (which is literally next to where I work and I'm looking into their windows right now) and spent and hour shopping at the local woolies.

So so angry at the state's premier. Despite all the warnings about Hotel Quarantine not working and the risks of private security he has persisted with it since the get go and surprise surprise some covid positive douche canoe just walks out the front door.

Premiers excuse was we've only had 3 people out of 13000 leave quarantine. So bloody what, if you have 13000 criminals locked up it only take one mass murderer to leave and kill a bunch of people. Why are politicians so goddam stupid.
Surely it wouldn't have been so hard to put 2 cops on the doors? NSW - the state that gives!

Today on radio news I heard that NSW is leading Australia out of the pandemic. Fucking loled my balls off! How much of a tone deaf cunt do you need to be to proclaim such madness after giving the nation the last wave of shit?

Also...first week out of lockdown and I've lost about 25% of my team! A bunch of the young guys I work with all went to the pub on Tuesday and it is now a hotspot. Unsure how long they will be out of action given quarantine rules changing for vaccinated, hopefully just until they get their negative test results. Also note - the pub in question was in one of the hottest locations of the lockdown. Garbage for being well managed. That said I've pretty much been on a week long return to freedom rampage, so I can't be pointing fingers.

NSW are definitely operating under the YOLO approach now.
No contact tracing & no quarantine = no worries
If they aren't contact tracing, why do I still need to check on everywhere I go?

Quick testing exists and seems to be popular enough. Quarantine is done...fuck it off. Board your flight with a negative test as part of the boarding/customs bullshit, test at arrival, one night in a hotel, test, get out there and spend some money!!!

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy

Sort of agree but it’s the children and my kids I worry about as under 12 and can’t get a vax. Yes kids seem to bounce back from the spicy cough pretty well but we don’t know long term effects yet. Wife is a teacher so once things open up bound to get it. Pollies know best apparently. Buckle up Dorothy things are going to get wild!

Flow-Rider

Burner
Qld is on the very limits with hospital care now, I couldn't imagine what would happen if we had a massive outbreak. Also, how are they going to control or vet the overseas vax passports when the requirements are different worldwide?

Minlak

custom titis
Qld is on the very limits with hospital care now, I couldn't imagine what would happen if we had a massive outbreak. Also, how are they going to control or vet the overseas vax passports when the requirements are different worldwide?
Are they???

I thought it was pretty standard 2 shots? Is that not right?

Flow-Rider

Burner
Are they???

I thought it was pretty standard 2 shots? Is that not right?
I believe other countries use different vaccines that aren't recognised here, possibly even manufactured under different standards but recognised by an international body, but in any case it's not going to do much with new strains.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
There's a big difference between 'no more lockdowns' and people being ordered to quarantine.

Every Employer/Person Conducting Business or Undertaking (PCBU) has a duty of care and will not let corona fly in their workplace, school, club, church ect...

The UK has experienced more people ordered into quarantine or stay at home since 'open day' than before.

Employers also ordering employees to get tested is out of control.

If you had a business with say 100 employees, you would rather 10-20 went down in waves with careful protocols in place than lose all 100 over 3-4 weeks as corona goes viral through your workforce.

The measures to take the load off hospitals will still see some restrictions being brought back in, the Premiers can stand up and say they wont... but they will eat those words very quickly.

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Oh @scomo you unlovable buffoon's adult diaper... If only you had cared about being in charge of quarantine when it actually mattered, not just when it was suddenly a feather for you next election campaign.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-10...r-perottet-morrison-naional-cabinet/100542740

So what happens when shitmo puts his tiny foot down and says "tourists must stay in quarantine!" but our nation's premier (has an ugly Mr mayor/America's mayor of Rudy feel to it?) let them come and spend!!! Once people have cleared customs, the state can set then free. I'd love to see these 2 fuckwits get in a tizzy over this.