Little Things You Hate

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Late video meeting with Europe, midnight to 2am. That’s all fine, was just getting to sleep at 3 when some fuckhead in the street decided it’s time for a dance party. YouTube and headphones I guess it is for the night…

Rusty_68

say no to ooogamaflap
No, I’m just an idiot, as I said. It was the Omaugh Rd, like Ozzy suggested. It was 97/98, past the worse of the troubles, but plenty still going on. A bombing just near the nursing home I worked at, a kneecapping a few doors down from our house where the person was left to die roped to a post.
We drove a British registered van but made it clear we were Australian whenever possible. Never felt unsafe for a second.
Glasgow, on the other hand. Lived there for a few months also. Couple of attempted car jacking. Threatened on the streets frequently. I’d read most of Irvine Welsh’s stuff before going. I thought it was hyperbole. Nope.

My cousins are still less fun to be around.
Belfast and Glasgow. Two of the UK's shining examples of living with poverty and religious violence. A few months in either of those cities will put hairs on your chest for sure. Brave man!

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
Belfast and Glasgow. Two of the UK's shining examples of living with poverty and religious violence. A few months in either of those cities will put hairs on your chest for sure. Brave man!
The difference I noted…albeit in a very brief timeframe…was that in Belfast, if you were minding your own business and not doing anything wrong, you were unlikely/unlucky to have issues.
Glasgow was random drunken violence aimed at whoever was in eyesight.
Hardly a scientific study though. I loved both. Glasgow was on my must see list for Mackintosh architecture, and didn’t disappoint.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Messages with no questions at all just offers of lower prices
triggers PTSD I swear flogs just virtually run around every for sale post shitting out offensively low offers just to see if they can get anything to flip.
Are the swaps still a thing or that's just a Gumtree crowd favourite?
Still a thing. I got a number of creative offers including a fully sik gaming PC, custom Giant Yukon (what) and a mysterious placeholder for a PS5 order..

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Ive thought of it! Storm up to the entrance with a tandem trailer and a crazed look in my eye and say. ” Im here on behalf of a good chunk of Rotor-burn! Gimme what’s ours Mofos!!!“.
I can see the 6 o’clock news headline that night. “Man storms Australia Post facility claiming he is a representative of an off road cycling forum! Police say he was not a terrorist.
The man in his late forties has been taken to a mental health facility.
Or you can lodge a complaint online, as well as ring them up (& make sure you quote the case #).
Hating Auspost in silence does nothing. Everyone hates Auspost that way.