When do you think we will travel with the bike again?

Ash HT

Likes Bikes
When do you think we will travel with the bike again?

And want location are you heading.?

Me well pre covid I was planning to do some skids down a 2500m volcano, Jan 2020.
We landed and 11 of us all ready to do this ride then the Volcano started spitting sh#t out the top and the Government excluded a 5km zone from the Volcano so we canned the trip. No known MTB trails that we knew of but 4 hiking tails to the top so we guessed we can ride it.

I'm hanging to get back and do this.

moorey

call me Mia
Not so epic as that. Multiple TransTas Enduro postponements. Now late Jan. Can’t see it happening though.

Ash HT

Likes Bikes
Not so epic as that. Multiple TransTas Enduro postponements. Now late Jan. Can’t see it happening though.
Its really like how long is the rope, we just dont know.

I was hoping NZ - Thailand then Philippines in Dec / Jan but no way will that happen.

moorey

call me Mia
Its really like how long is the rope, we just dont know.

I was hoping NZ - Thailand then Philippines in Dec / Jan but no way will that happen.
My journey is more about my kids riding these days. I’m just hoping for some Vic DH and Enduro races this year, let alone getting interstate and OS.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
I'd love to go do a tour of NZ for 2 months or so....at least a month anyway. North + South, so many places yet to ride. It wouldn't be purely a riding holiday, did a couple of awesome Hikes around Aoraki last time I was there too. Still just a pipe-dream in the current climate.

moorey

call me Mia
Hows the races with the lock downs
Races? Last 5-6 cancelled, more to come. Got one round of KOB in, lost next 2, lost Cressy, lost Harcourt, lost McKayos. GE Nationals were in Vic for 2 years, right when Felix is in his jr racing prime. Last years was canceled, this years is meant to be later this month, not a word has been said about it in months. Ain’t happening :(

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hopefully Maydena and derby over new years, already looking fairly booked out accommodation wise though.

Minlak

custom titis
Friends had a credit from a large event from "Original Covid" the organisers would only refund if you took a 25% hit and offered a credit for 3 yrs to enter any of the events they control. She just signed up for the 2022 event and has had to pay even more again for the same event. They have even started breaking it up in to options - if you want a medallion it will be posted to you after the event and you have to pay extra to get one - no photographs to be available next year - cant remember the rest off hand but was also about an extra $100 for the event as well.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
The Australian and Tasmanian government is offering $300 vouchers to residents in WA, SA and Qld to boost travel during the months of November and December!

The Tassie Holiday Voucher program will see recipients receive a voucher of $300 to use during their travel; $200 for accommodation, and $100 towards attractions or tours.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
The Australian and Tasmanian government is offering $300 vouchers to residents in WA, SA and Qld to boost travel during the months of November and December!

The Tassie Holiday Voucher program will see recipients receive a voucher of $300 to use during their travel; $200 for accommodation, and $100 towards attractions or tours.
Nice pick up ! Ballot opens 29th October.

I have the boat booked for around the 13th December. Though currently get back into SA in Jan without quarantine.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Nice pick up ! Ballot opens 29th October.

I have the boat booked for around the 13th December. Though currently get back into SA in Jan without quarantine.

View attachment 381554
We’ve still got the boat/accom/shuttles booked for the 29th Nov. pre booked before Delta even existed.
I haven’t canceled it yet just in case God does actually exists and grants us Victorians a miracle.
could happen.
Right?
Right??? Hahahahaha.

ozzybmx

We’ve still got the boat/accom/shuttles booked for the 29th Nov. pre booked before Delta even existed.
I haven’t canceled it yet just in case God does actually exists and grants us Victorians a miracle.
could happen.
Right?
Right??? Hahahahaha.
I'm also hoping for a miracle.

Still 8 weeks away but cant see SA changing their mind to let me drive through Victoria.

Tassie is happy for me cross the SA border and drive directly through Vic to the boat. SA wont let me do it on the return journey :(

Anyway, The Spirit of Tasmania is keeping my $2678 warm with a 100% refund if I cant make it.

We have not booked any campsites at all. Will just wing it and book ahead if we get there.

ozzybmx

Christ! Is that for the roundtrip via Hawaii? Or did you book the honeymoon suite?
2 x Adults, 2 x Children, 4WD and caravan at 13m total length and over 2.1m high, there and back night sailings with a basic 4 berth cabin in both directions.

The all day drive from Adelaide and a good sleep while crossing is gold. Same on the Tassie side, off the boat 7am and set up for the day... shuttles in Derby by midday ;)