Confessions from the fuckwits

moorey

call me Mia
Swimming night for kids.
Wife working.
Have to make something for dinner before leaving so we can eat when we get home.
It’s also close to Mt Bunny, and I always get a nice 60-90 minute ride (60 currently with shortened Covid swimming sessions)
I cook Laksa, bring it to the boil as were leaving and Chuck bok choy on top. Will be a little overcooked sitting in the pot but best I can do.
Drive the kids 15 min to swimming, go to unload bike….Fuck, I meant to turn off gas, can’t leave it boiling 75-90 minutes.
Drive home to turn off gas, remember tyre pressure was a tiny bit low. Pump up tyre and drive back. 40 minute ride is better than no ride.
Get home….hadn’t turned off gas. Laksa is a thick stew that’s all stuck to the bottom.

Make kids eat horrible laksa like a boss.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
I bought some replacement brake lever piston thingies from ebay for a set of leaky m785 levers.

The seals come uninstalled. I looked at the old piston and put the seals on. Looked again, hmmmm, one is on the wrong way. Fucked it up trying to take it off but luckily I also grabbed a set of spare seals too. Put the other new seal on...the wrong fucking way again. Managed to get it off without fucking it up this time and reinstalled it the correct way.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I bought some replacement brake lever piston thingies from ebay for a set of leaky m785 levers.

The seals come uninstalled. I looked at the old piston and put the seals on. Looked again, hmmmm, one is on the wrong way. Fucked it up trying to take it off but luckily I also grabbed a set of spare seals too. Put the other new seal on...the wrong fucking way again. Managed to get it off without fucking it up this time and reinstalled it the correct way.
Do they work???

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
I was up until 3am trying to work out what the free play was in the back wheel when the brakes were locked.

Turns out the bolts weren't tight enough...

Oh well, I learned how to adjust cups and cones, as well as clean the axle and the driver!
Today's public service announcement is brought to you by "oh shit", "that could have been bad" and the number six.

Check your rotor bolts!

View attachment 380617
'twas even foreshadowed in the scriptures of old.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
@HamboCairns cup and cone bearings on wheels totally suck. This will be good practice for you to keep them running as best as possible until you have the funds up for the new wheels. Just be certain that you have all the balls back in before putting the hub back together! Do you have a magnetic parts tray? They are usually pretty cheap and really handy hen working on small items like this.

Also... nominee for greatest derrrrrrrs in history. Erica Banna is ready to host the award ceremony.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
@HamboCairns cup and cone bearings on wheels totally suck. This will be good practice for you to keep them running as best as possible until you have the funds up for the new wheels. Just be certain that you have all the balls back in before putting the hub back together! Do you have a magnetic parts tray? They are usually pretty cheap and really handy hen working on small items like this.

Also... nominee for greatest derrrrrrrs in history. Erica Banna is ready to host the award ceremony.
I didn't go as far as lifting the dust caps and removing the ball bearings. That's a fuckwit line I'm not willing to cross right now!

PJO

in me vL comy
I didn't go as far as lifting the dust caps and removing the ball bearings. That's a fuckwit line I'm not willing to cross right now!
I've been there and lost a ball bearing or two while at Forrest car park about 10 years ago.
The reason I took the wheel apart was because I somehow ended up submerging my rear hub while riding and the next day it was making an awful noise. Luckily some friendly local lent me a back wheel otherwise the trip would have been ruined.
Are historical confessions acceptable??