What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

moorey

call me Mia
Restrictions eased enough to book an MTB ride in with 2 young brothers I work with. Got bikes primed, waiting at the trailhead for them, got a call saying they won’t get out of bed. Meh, I’ll go anyway. 10km and 300m elevation isn’t noteworthy, but a nice little treat on the company dime.

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well... I haven't built any new wheels today or had any crank issues so I can't contribute to those discussions but I did go for a ride. Went over the ridge from Lenah Valley to Glenorchy and up the North South track to the bridge over the rivulet. Had a blast on the way back down. Wanted to make the most of it as a lot of rain is forecast for Thursday and Friday. A bit like SA.
Thursday 14 October

Summary
Min 11 Max 18 Rain. Windy. Possible rainfall: 10 to 15 mm Chance of any rain: 95%
Hobart area

Cloudy. Very high (near 100%) chance of rain. The chance of a thunderstorm in the south in the afternoon and evening. Winds east to northeasterly 30 to 45 km/h tending southeast to southwesterly 15 to 20 km/h during the evening.

Sun protection recommended from 10:00 am to 3:50 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 5 [Moderate]
Friday 15 October

Summary
Min 10 Max 16 Rain. Possible heavy falls. Possible rainfall: 25 to 40 mm Chance of any rain: 100%
Hobart area

Cloudy. Very high (near 100%) chance of rain. Heavy falls possible. Winds westerly 15 to 25 km/h turning southwesterly 25 to 35 km/h during the afternoon.

So I hit the jumps at the bottom a few times. Got a bit braver and hit some of the larger ones. Had a very wobbly landing on the last one. Decided it was a message from God to finish up and pedal home.

Still a great morning to be out. Did not see another soul, either.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Your bars look like 900s ....
Your bar would grow too if you took a bike that sexy into (what appears like) the sauna!

(Or you know, something to do with perspective distortion of wide angle camera lenses…)

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
Noice ... Honzo ! I've got mine built up with a 140mm 34. Is that a 130mm 36? Would be sweet!

Your bars look like 900s ....
Yeah 130mm. Parts shortage meant no 34s so despite making the last 2 sets of 36 develop a csu creak I’m hoping ill be a bit more forgiving on the ht.
Bars are 780.
I approve.

How's the Magic Mary on the front? I hear it's far more predictable than a DHF (which seems to be on the back?)
Magic Mary in supergravity soft addix (purple) is my other go to. Not as good as assguy but I don’t want to push that weight around on a ht.
I Used to run minions as I’d just buy one and rotate it to the rear when required.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Not my bike, but one of my mates has been waiting to bring his bike over since just before lockdown for some upgrades. We had a simple plan - install crank+BB and rear wheel on his slope style bike. He purchased this in Canada a few years ago second hand and rode it once with me in Sydney in 2019, snapping his rear axle along the way. It's sat in the garage since.

So nothing went to plan of course. His rear drop outs are spaced 142x10mm, which didn't match either of the 2 wheels I had to sell and was not the 135x10 stated on the manufacturer's website. He hadn't ever removed the crank and whatever the previous owner had done, there was a lot of fine bits of metal in there! While the threads look and feel intact I didn't feel comfortable forcing the BB in and crushing what is left of the thread. So that's off to the shop for a clean up. Then he asks if I have a headset lower cup...now I have a lot of headsets in a box, but do you think I have the one he needs? Of course not.

So the bike is now in more parts than when it arrived and reassembly is on hold.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Got a package from Aliexpress for my tired old hardtail.
Took just under 2 weeks to get to Australia then Oz post post kicked it around the country for another 2.
ZTTO 9-46 ULT cassette. It’s very light and well machined. Hoping I have better luck than @moorey with it but I suspect his skills are slipping. And a ZTTO dropper lever.

Also got a fresh Alugear chainring and XX1 chain to go with it. I was impressed with with TNT. The chainring was express posted from Poland and after 4 days from shipping notification I get a phone call from TNT apologising because it was caught up in Singapore and it was out of their control and wanted to let me know. It arrived 2 days later.
Nice!

moorey

call me Mia
Got a package from Aliexpress for my tired old hardtail.
Took just under 2 weeks to get to Australia then Oz post post kicked it around the country for another 2.
ZTTO 9-46 ULT cassette. It’s very light and well machined. Hoping I have better luck than @moorey with it but I suspect his skills are slipping. And a ZTTO dropper lever.

Also got a fresh Alugear chainring and XX1 chain to go with it. I was impressed with with TNT. The chainring was express posted from Poland and after 4 days from shipping notification I get a phone call from TNT apologising because it was caught up in Singapore and it was out of their control and wanted to let me know. It arrived 2 days later. View attachment 381555Nice!
I hope you do. I bought 2. :(
Ima try again with the deore wide range derailleur. Less B screw might help but I felt it was in the ramping. Even when shifting clean, it’s a bit of a noisy bugger. The Garbaruk 10-46 from @Isaakk is doing a stellar job instead.

Jpez

Down on the left!
I hope you do. I bought 2. :(
Ima try again with the deore wide range derailleur. Less B screw might help but I felt it was in the ramping. Even when shifting clean, it’s a bit of a noisy bugger. The Garbaruk 10-46 from @Isaakk is doing a stellar job instead.
Yeah I’ve read reports of it working just fine including on here so I’m hoping the fact I’m using Sram chain/derailleur might make the difference for me.