The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Don't get me started on f***ing commercial breaks. Been exposed to a bit of commercial telly of late and it'd seem with diminishing ad revenues most breaks are filled with station promos that EMPHASISE. EVERY. MUNDANE. MOMENT. FOR. MAXIMUM. DRAMATIC. VALUE. With someone periodically standing on an orchestral sample for extra significance. Netflix has started doing it too.

Can't hack it. It's like commercial telly thinks its audiences have the attention span of a puppy and need constant LOUD. NOISES. to illicit any kind of response.
The builders asked me three times if they were ok to cut through the TV aerial to mount the shade sail about 5 years ago. I haven't watched commercial TV since.

Over the weekend getaway, we put the TV on for the children while we had some wine. Fuck me, after years of watching Netflix etc, ads are grating and invasive!

Haakon

Keeps on digging
At least on TV you could mute them and go and take a leak or get a cuppa - who the hell listens to commercial radio and still sits through the ads....?

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
It's just good story telling @Asininedrivel
Is it Mr Poodle? IS. IT.
I just saw an ad break where EVERY ad was for a sports betting company.
What happened to you Shaq? You used to be cool. I had a basketball with your name on it and everything...

Mark Wahlberg sold his soul to the shit movie gods a millennia ago, no loss there to see him riding a CGI rocket but Shaq nooooo

Last edited:

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Is it Mr Poodle? IS. IT.

What happened to you Shaq? You used to be cool. I had a basketball with your name on it and everything...

Mark Wahlberg sold his soul to the shit movie gods a millennia ago, no loss there to see him riding a CGI rocket but Shaq nooooo
Yeah that's just weird.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
I just saw an ad break where EVERY ad was for a sports betting company. Ladbrokes then Neds then Sportsbet then TAB then Bet365 then Ladbrokes again for good measure.

Classy.... :rolleyes:
Some of those ads are actually funny, and all are dreadful. Mates museum, the first time I saw it I had no idea what it was about and was chuckling up until the punchline.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
I’d have had to thoroughly exhausted my podcast library to flick on any radio.
Science show and the philosophy zone are good. and sometimes when i feel like my blood pressure is too low ill listen to some of the political stuff... Mostly though its what's on the phone on shuffle in the car.

FM radio never ever gets used.