COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It even topped up your battery!

Now 2nd day after my 2nd Pfizer on Sunday. Felt fine yesterday just sore to lie on that shoulder the night before and could feel it up my shoulder blade a little.
No problem doing a 2hr ride last night but again still sore to lie on. This morning just a bit sore on my under-arm, but happy I seem to have missed some of the symptoms others have had after the 2nd one. Wife is the same no real ill effects.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
#2 had his 2nd Phizer yesterday. His arm was more sorerer than jab 1 but that is all so far in 24 hours. By far the worst reaction I am aware of is the mate's wife who ended up in hospital with the temp, heart rate and blood pressure reaction.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
You just absolutely know NSW are fudging the covid figures based on today's numbers....
Cases reported go down, death numbers stay the same... The reason being, the system has more compulsory reporting on deaths that can't be fudged, unlike the case numbers.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
You just absolutely know NSW are fudging the covid figures based on today's numbers....
Cases reported go down, death numbers stay the same... The reason being, the system has more compulsory reporting on deaths that can't be fudged, unlike the case numbers.
Or perhaps there's a time lag from when there was 1700+ cases a day. It's Covid not Ebola.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
There is a lag because of how the disease progresses. From memory one of the US states turned the corner but deaths continued to increase for a week or more.

dazz

Downhill Dazz
Another factor could be that Aust has pretty good health care which keeps the really sick alive for much longer but it's still not enough and some eventually kick the bucket. From what I've read it sounds as though it can be a very long road to recovery if you get severely crook from this.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
From what I've read it sounds as though it can be a very long road to recovery if you get severely crook from this.
This. And before the lengthy recovery there's often the ICU stay.

I've read from a number of different sources that while a typical ICU patient stays there for one to two days, COVID patients are often in for two to four weeks. People come to ICU for all kinds of serious reasons, post surgery, a big accident, all kinds of shit. And there aren't many ICU beds in a hospital; eg the ACT had only 50 at the beginning of the pandemic.

If I had a loved one die because their access to ICU was blocked by some anti-vaxxer I'd be incandescent.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
I would guess that the people who are dying caught it while case numbers where still rising.

Minlak

custom titis
This. And before the lengthy recovery there's often the ICU stay.

If I had a loved one die because their access to ICU was blocked by some anti-vaxxer I'd be incandescent.
You would be a lightbulb? - I understand that could be annoying for some you glowing all the time?

Last edited:

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
I thought so too, but after looking at the number of tests vs confirmed case numbers for the last 24 hours, I concede my opinion is unfounded.

The information is formatted differently state to state, but it is there.

NSW had 83,498 new tests in the 24 hours leading up to 8pm 10 October with 498 new cases in the same timeframe.

Vic had 73,138 test results received (last 24 hours) with 1,612 cases acquired locally (last 24 hours)

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
It even topped up your battery!

Now 2nd day after my 2nd Pfizer on Sunday. Felt fine yesterday just sore to lie on that shoulder the night before and could feel it up my shoulder blade a little.
No problem doing a 2hr ride last night but again still sore to lie on. This morning just a bit sore on my under-arm, but happy I seem to have missed some of the symptoms others have had after the 2nd one. Wife is the same no real ill effects.
I hear that after Astra you can charge your Ebike. That's why they give it to the over 50s ;)