The stupid questions thread.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Talk me out of a Reverb AXS.

Cable actuated droppers have been giving me the shits recently and with a new frame being designed I'm considering ditching the dropper cable all together and going wireless.
Probably wouldn’t hurt to keep a cable port in the design just in case you want to run something different down the track, or for resale value if you ever lean that way.

PS: BikeYoke Revive.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
What's the chance of RS making their telekinesis droppers backwards compatible with AXS (where is the rolling on the floor laughing emoji?)

I expected more enabling from you @pink poodle why waste money once when you can waste it twice!!
Go big or go home! Between now and the release you probably want to enroll in dentistry.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
That's all that i'd need to talk me out of it..

View attachment 381464
Probably wouldn’t hurt to keep a cable port in the design just in case you want to run something different down the track, or for resale value if you ever lean that way.

PS: BikeYoke Revive.
These are both things I have considered.

I currently have a challenge that would be helped significantly by a nice shiny thing at the end.

I really like the Bike Yoke but it's an expensive post with the same cable pain in the arse I have been dealing with over the last few weeks. Agree I should include a port just in case, probably will but not committing to anything sensible at the moment.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
These are both things I have considered.

I currently have a challenge that would be helped significantly by a nice shiny thing at the end.

I really like the Bike Yoke but it's an expensive post with the same cable pain in the arse I have been dealing with over the last few weeks. Agree I should include a port just in case, probably will but not committing to anything sensible at the moment.
Cheaper than AXS.
And really? It’s a cable. 3 year old dropper still running the original cable.

If cables are giving you trouble, might be time for a firm mirror talk.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Cheaper than AXS.
And really? It’s a cable. 3 year old dropper still running the original cable.

If cables are giving you trouble, might be time for a firm mirror talk.
What kind of enabling place is this, I expected NEW BIKE TIME as the first comment.

My mirror talk about the cable didn't go as planned. My reflection just told me to do it, maybe I'm not the best person to be giving me advice.

Also cables are shit, they work fine, but they are shit especially internally routed ones.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
What kind of enabling place is this, I expected NEW BIKE TIME as the first comment.

My mirror talk about the cable didn't go as planned. My reflection just told me to do it, maybe I'm not the best person to be giving me advice.

Also cables are shit, they work fine, but they are shit especially internally routed ones.
If you want an AXS dropper you need full AXS so grab a shifter and derailleur too.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)

External down the downtube, port into the seat tube. You’re designing the damn thing! ;):p

Litenbror

Eats Squid
External down the downtube, port into the seat tube. You’re designing the damn thing! ;):p
That's actually the current favourite for cable routing :D. Will use bolt on cable guides and bottle bosses on the underside of the top tube and top of the down tube. This way I can move the cables around how ever I feel.