The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Some interesting information on there given the recent discussion on the mental health impact.

No doubt it's all fake news and left wing propoganda though.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
I cannot get my head around Barilaro's spontaneous capitulation. Either he's telling the truth and his mental health is in the red zone, or something suss af is going on.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I cannot get my head around Barilaro's spontaneous capitulation. Either he's telling the truth and his mental health is in the red zone, or something suss af is going on.
ICAC have already been up on his grill...in May it was reported that he, the new premier, and another senior mp were all asked to supply docs and info to ICAC regarding Gladys and her ex-boyfriend. I'm fairly sure that he is going to be in a fair bit of hot water. If so I hope he can't swim very well.

Yeah it's a shitty article from a shitty paper with a paywall, but you get a bit of an idea:

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/n...s/news-story/b20f3df5014a27c61efb19c75c39208a
This NSW government is slimy as they come. For all those "yeah but Eddie Obeid and sir lunch a lot..means Labor is corrupt" thinkers, along with Gladys' ex-boyfriend (who was the government whip under O'Farrell) here is just one of Gladys' other friendly ministers having some ICAC play time:

And a little snippet into the kind of person that melts Gladys' heart...a person involved in cash for visas, property swindling, and who knows what else yet:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.abc.net.au/article/12765284

This NSW government has been crooked since they came to power.

They're all scumbags unfortunately and too few of them face real consequences for their corrupt dealings.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
ICAC have already been up on his grill...in May it was reported that he, the new premier, and another senior mp were all asked to supply docs and info to ICAC regarding Gladys and her ex-boyfriend. I'm fairly sure that he is going to be in a fair bit of hot water. If so I hope he can't swim very well.

Yeah it's a shitty article from a shitty paper with a paywall, but you get a bit of an idea:

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/n...s/news-story/b20f3df5014a27c61efb19c75c39208a
This NSW government is slimy as they come. For all those "yeah but Eddie Obeid and sir lunch a lot..means Labor is corrupt" thinkers, along with Gladys' ex-boyfriend (who was the government whip under O'Farrell) here is just one of Gladys' other friendly ministers having some ICAC play time:

And a little snippet into the kind of person that melts Gladys' heart...a person involved in cash for visas, property swindling, and who knows what else yet:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.abc.net.au/article/12765284

This NSW government has been crooked since they came to power.

They're all scumbags unfortunately and too few of them face real consequences for their corrupt dealings.
I hear your frustration but I'm still in the "NSW ALP is just as bad (if not worse) camp" - ffs Obeid made over $30m from those dodgy coal mining licences he never should have received, on top of all the other dodgy af shit he and Resources Minister Ian McDonald did.

We do agree on hoping Barilaro drowns in his ICAC bath though.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I hear your frustration but I'm still in the "NSW ALP is just as bad (if not worse) camp" - ffs Obeid made over $30m from those dodgy coal mining licences he never should have received, on top of all the other dodgy af shit he and Resources Minister Ian McDonald did.

We do agree on hoping Barilaro drowns in his ICAC bath though.
They were shit people thats for sure, I'm not sang they weren't or that the alp is free of such problems now...but you can't overlook the sheer number of Lib/Nat MPs in this currently run that have fallen from corruption or suspicion of corruption. Without better Google skills or time searching is currently too many pages of Gladys and barilaro to find the numbers. The graft is just so widely spread and it includes at least 2 of their premiers! Surely Baird was dirty too?

Sidoti (linked in those articles above) was redirecting infrastructure plans to benefit the value of his undisclosed real estate holdings in Canada Bay (Sydney's inner west). These politicians give so few fucks for their constituents. We clearly don't take corruption very seriously and until we do it isn't going to change. The risks of being caught and the punishments levelled out are just too low.