Was definitely a nice day for a ride.

Was the fallen one of your group?
Hope they are ok either way.

Minlak

custom titis
Was definitely a nice day for a ride.

Was the fallen one of your group?
Hope they are ok either way.
One of the sub group - not actually our group - there was 4 groups I think riding together today. I think he was a Brisbane guy - I never actually saw who it was - when I happened I just stopped where I could see the straight before the corner and flagged cars to slow the whole time.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
That was us yessir - and this was me for 3 hrs this afternoon on the way back.

Slowing vehicles down whilst 2 Ambulances and Fire Rescue teams works on a guy. He will be fine all lower limb injuries it seems.
It funny, well no it's not, but... yesterday, when you said you were going for a massive group ride... I thought, geez I hope no one bins it. The more riders, the better/worse the odds.

All my best road rides have been with my bike journo mates... and we have had some doozies... but they all can ride, and have done so all over the world, and never suffer red mist.

Good luck to the broken one.

Minlak

custom titis
It funny, well no it's not, but... yesterday, when you said you were going for a massive group ride... I thought, geez I hope no one bins it. The more riders, the better/worse the odds.

All my best road rides have been with my bike journo mates... and we have had some doozies... but they all can ride, and have done so all over the world, and never suffer red mist.

From what I have been described - another rider baulked at the corner and stood his bike up - he continued into the bush and stayed up - the downed rider got some target fixation following the rider and binned it into the guard rail - or something like that

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Was always the same with car club runs as well. Avoided them like the plague.
And was always safer going in the higher levels of track days too, too many first timer hero's on R1's in the lower groups.

Minlak

custom titis
Was always the same with car club runs as well. Avoided them like the plague.
And was always safer going in the higher levels of track days too, too many first timer hero's on R1's in the lower groups.
Yep… same here.

On my pat malone… A group only. The best guys are there. Way safer, way faster, way bettererer.

With Sue on the back in C group… the dentists on 916’s are coming backwards at you like space invaders.
I like the social aspect at the stops - I ride dead last every time in a group - never the cause of issues - never involved in the issues :)

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
From what I have been described - another rider baulked at the corner and stood his bike up - he continued into the bush and stayed up - the downed rider got some target fixation following the rider and binned it into the guard rail - or something like that
I have done similar on the track on 4 wheels, watched someone go off, button off and then while watching the dust settle missed my later braking point and went rallying too.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Here's a laugh... one of the kids had put this on the fridge... I can't remember it at all.

Fred Gassit would have had a field day... Belstaff waxed cotton jacket, BMW systems helmet, Meddle boots and a fricken tank bag... have no idea where this pic is taken, as I rode that bike everywhere. The Tingate alloy mufflers sounded supreme. Even better than Contis or Termi's.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Ive been looking for something like this in Aus, but apparently a bit iffy on the road legalness.
I've seen an adventure-tourer out at Lysterfield that had a rack with a mountain bike on it. It's wheels were off and it's hazy but I'm pretty sure it used up the space where a pillion would sit. Shoulda taken a pic, but...

Minlak

custom titis
Projecting loads it would fall under - So the question is if you make a rack that actually mounts to the motorcycle solidly is the 300mm measured from the back of the bike or the back of the rack you have mounted. I would suggest using the guide for the trailer is the hitch can not be more than 300mm behind the bike so you could maybe squeak in 600mm (300mmm for rack and 300mm of bicycle). or it seems getting a side car or a trailer would be the only legal way.

If secured and solidly loaded it would be at the discretion of the officer that pulls you over or the insurance company in the event of an accident claim.
Given that the police currently in Nebo and Mt Glorious are defecting motorcycles for reflectors and exhausts and tail tidies it would be a lottery.