Motorcycle Thread - Post it all

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
I’ve ridden both the RG500 and the RZ500… bike magazine test bikes… and they were both good fun, but I was sort of expecting more. My memory is hazy, but I think the Yammy was my fave. Dog knows. I’m often wrong.

One thing for sure… I love love loved the lack of engine braking, with both bikes. Allowed a much higher post turn point entry speed… the bikes just did not decelerate on over-run. So it was up to you how hard you threw it in. Awesome. They have slipper clutches on 4 strokes to get there these daze. On my gixxer trackbike I had the idle set really really fast, to get close. No such problem on a two stroke.

Minlak

custom titis
Whelp!!! - that was a short and fast experiment that failed dismally.
SO was doing her Pre-Learner course today and I get a call 2 hours later - "Come get me" - So now I have a CBR 500r to sell LOL

Currently trying to find an angle that allows me to trade it on Z900 or maybe a 636 - Consider a KLX 650 too not bad at $11k with panniers and lights and stuff.

OR

Trade both bikes and get the H2 SX instead

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Whelp!!! - that was a short and fast experiment that failed dismally.
SO was doing her Pre-Learner course today and I get a call 2 hours later - "Come get me" - So now I have a CBR 500r to sell LOL

Currently trying to find an angle that allows me to trade it on Z900 or maybe a 636 - Consider a KLX 650 too not bad at $11k with panniers and lights and stuff.

OR

Trade both bikes and get the H2 SX instead

View attachment 380918

View attachment 380917

View attachment 380915

View attachment 380919
What happened?

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
She just plain got too scared and froze and could not do the basics at all - that’s ok it’s not for everyone - I feel bad as I feel my excitement to get her riding may have carried her into this instead of an actual desire to ride on her behalf.
At least you / she tried.
My missus got on the back of my bike once, that was it, Never again lol.

boyracer

Likes Dirt
I took the missus for a ride when we first met...On a tuned reverse cylinder Yamaha TZR 250 around the Adelaide 500 track after it closed for the day.
In 20 years she has never asked for another ride.
Saw this the other day too. Not sure if serious but 39K? It had wanna have freakin wings for that!
Salt motorcycles

Minlak

custom titis
I took the missus for a ride when we first met...On a tuned reverse cylinder Yamaha TZR 250 around the Adelaide 500 track after it closed for the day.
In 20 years she has never asked for another ride.
Saw this the other day too. Not sure if serious but 39K? It had wanna have freakin wings for that!
Salt motorcycles
Yeah that’s the problem with custom stuff - I am sure they will sell some so people can say they have one :)

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
She just plain got too scared and froze and could not do the basics at all - that’s ok it’s not for everyone - I feel bad as I feel my excitement to get her riding may have carried her into this instead of an actual desire to ride on her behalf.
Good for her to realise it isn't her thing and call it quits. Too many riders keep at it with no or little confidence and have accidents. I saw this first hand at work, luckily no big stacks but some close calls. One guy did it to be with mates who had ridden for ever, he was keen but had zero confidence and was just plain ungainly on a bike. Managed to get his licence and ultimately stepped up to a 1000cc tourer. Still looks like a baby taking first steps in and around traffic.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
My Wife loved going pillion, on the road and the track... she had zero fear, and loved it. The faster and the more lean angle, the better.

At the track I could get knee down with her on the back no problem. On one Ducati Owners Club ride day at Broadford, where they allowed pillions in C group... we actually got black flagged by the Marshall (he was laughing) for... "passing too aggressively" ...then promptly sent back out.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
My Wife loved going pillion, on the road and the track... she had zero fear, and loved it. The faster and the more lean angle, the better.

At the track I could get knee down with her on the back no problem. On one Ducati Owners Club ride day at Broadford, where they allowed pillions in C group... we actually got black flagged by the Marshall (he was laughing) for... "passing too aggressively" ...then promptly sent back out.

View attachment 380962

View attachment 380963
She’s much braver than me. I cannot stand riding pillion haha.
Let me be the master of my own fate thank you very much!

Minlak

custom titis
Looking forward to the ride tomorrow - there is a crew from Brisbane staying in Hervey Bay tonight and doing the Paradise Dam run tomorrow - the Maryborough peeps are joining them and the Bundaberg peeps are going now as well - should be around 50 odd bikes for the ride - will be awesome.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Looking forward to the ride tomorrow - there is a crew from Brisbane staying in Hervey Bay tonight and doing the Paradise Dam run tomorrow - the Maryborough peeps are joining them and the Bundaberg peeps are going now as well - should be around 50 odd bikes for the ride - will be awesome.
Jealous. No riding for me this weekend, I’m not risking losing a blinker haha.

Just remembered I need mirrors too. Fml.
This whole rego thing was much easier when I could phone a friend and get it done over the phone.
Bloody bike gets trailered around anyway, all this just so I can ride in state forests.

Beaker74

Likes Dirt
Was that you lot at the Shell at Childers around 1030 this morning?
There were a heap of nice bikes there.