Plastic bags, climate change, renewable energy,

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Do you really want to know why I haven't been on RB for about 2 weeks?
Wot ! You are not even near the list, it takes a bit for me to get pissed off with someone, repeated warnings from mods over the years due to me getting agro is in the past. There is a perfectly good 'ignore' function to get ride of repeated negative posts of certain individuals.

Happy times now :)

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
While I understand the reasons they're put to waste, and that overall the energy to turbine produces outweighs the non-recyclable waste, it does seem a bit silly to just bury well-engineered things like this.

If you're going to chop them up, I'd like to seem them getting converted and used for bus shelters or something. Seems a bit silly to just cover them with soil.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
While I understand the reasons they're put to waste, and that overall the energy to turbine produces outweighs the non-recyclable waste, it does seem a bit silly to just bury well-engineered things like this.

If you're going to chop them up, I'd like to seem them getting converted and used for bus shelters or something. Seems a bit silly to just cover them with soil.
Watch the video.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Watch the video.
I'm not talking about the difficulty of recycling composites generally - I'm saying if they can cut them up to bury them, surely they can cut them up into panels and make something from them...

Reduce, reuse, recycle.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Exactly ! If you stand beside a wind turbine blade, they are fucking huge.

Surely they could cut a cross section of the blade and make one of them auto toilets from it. Burying that shit is stupid... yeah fibreglass isn't the best stuff to recycle but it can be made in to something else even when it had has a life of flexing and fatigue.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
I'm not talking about the difficulty of recycling composites generally - I'm saying if they can cut them up to bury them, surely they can cut them up into panels and make something from them...

Reduce, reuse, recycle.
Go for it. Report back on your results :)

Haakon

Keeps on digging
I don't watch opinionated videos, most people don't. Or we would be running about here punching horses.
Yeah ok… Engineering with Rosie is about as unopinionated as it gets - I do suggest the struggle with a short attention span would be worth the effort ;)

mark22

Likes Dirt
New Zealand’s troubled waters

I wonder how much of this is contributed by exports or investments from China, Jacinder went a bit quiet when asked about Chinese investments deals by the 60mins reporter the other week.
Yep it's a bit like Tasmania, great marketing. and the toxic Tamar/Derwent.
Intensive dairying in relatively small areas, probably not going to change to quick with China being NZ biggest export market.