Posting my ride and oven appreciation.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Lost more points for incorrect grammar. 4/10.

I am however looking forward to what being a bottle of red deep gets you given I was also half pissed when I put money down for my Prime...
More in depth pics coming when I get access to an oven.

Forks pass the workshop bounce test. Dials are nice to fiddle. All in all, these forks are sweet!
And no quick release axle is a nice clean look.

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
More in depth pics coming when I get access to an oven.

Forks pass the workshop bounce test. Dials are nice to fiddle. All in all, these forks are sweet!
One big oven or 2 small ones side-by-side?

What forks are they, or do they form part of the mystery?

Ultra Lord

One big oven or 2 small ones side-by-side?

What forks are they, or do they form part of the mystery?
Two one and a half sized ovens side by side.
Might even utilise the cooktop later on? We’ll so how things fit as more parts start rolling in.

How long do we have to wait until the final reveal? Do I have time to shave and spritz some fragrance on?

Impatient people are, impatient. ;)
Yes.

Ultra Lord

RS pike ultimate RC2 140mm, 29!
Black.

Just ordered a mix of XT/SLX 12sp (xt-cranks,shifter. SLX-cassette, chain, derailleur).

Hunt enduro wheels should be arriving next week. I like how they made the rear rim a tiny but thinner and it has 32 spokes not 28 like the front, seems like a really nicely thought out wheelset. Pretty keen to see how they go.

I’m still unsure on brakes. I love hope. And it goes well with the english frame I’ve ordered (even though it’s made in taiwan, still. English brands and all that). Probably end up with hopes, 200f and 180r. So many colours! Mine will be black.

Tyres, Winion DHF front to maybe dissector rear. Aggressor also work. I’d normally go a minion SS but this is going on a hardtail so more grip will be helpful under brakes than what the SS gives.

Unsure of stem and bars. I need to have a deep dive in the shed and see if I still have a 40mm burgtec jobbie floating around. But bars will be tall and wide.

Ended up buying a XL Cotic Bfe, in yellow. @The Reverend should approve colour.
Incredibly keen to see how this frame rides. First bike with 29’s and a reach >500mm.

Mmmmmmm dials.

Ultra Lord

I approve. A Yellow frame will look sick with black forks.
I assume you've seen the long-term Flow article on the BFeMax?
Cotic BFeMAX Review | 7 upgrades to make the perfect hardcore hardtail (flowmountainbike.com)
Nope.
They apparently like it though so I should be onto a winner!
I do not regret getting pikes>lyric though.
My legs will hold me back more than the fork.
And if I decide hardtail is too hard (it won’t be. I’ve been solely riding my DJ bike for the past few months while my spitty sat in the shed.) the only full suspension frames I’m interested in are under 140mm travel, so a pike will suit those trailbikes better.
Something like a banshee phantom or revel ranger. Gotta future proof those purchases as much as possible.

Love the Pikes. so nice and shiny & new. Enjoy playing with your knobs, you will be handsomely rewarded.;)
Been at it awhile now. Time for a drink and shower. No regrets.

Last edited:

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Nope.
They apparently like it though so I should be onto a winner!
I do not regret getting pikes>lyric though.
My legs will hold me back more than the fork.
And if I decide hardtail is too hard (it won’t be. I’ve been solely riding my DJ bike for the past few months while my spitty sat in the shed.) the only full suspension frames I’m interested in are under 140mm travel, so a pike will suit those trailbikes better.
Something like a banshee phantom or revel ranger. Gotta future proof those purchases as much as possible.
The Pikes will go well on a Phantom. I've got some 140mm Z2s on my Prime and they suit it well, but I scrape my pedals a bit so a set of 150mm Pikes might be in my future. I love the Pike Ultimates, just wish they came in matte black rather than gloss.