Bargain buys thread

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
$350. Just a dad passing on his kid’s bike after they’d grown out of it. Bit rude
Just take note of the $685 seller and never buy form them. I have had some one on face book on sell a fork to me that was listed on here.
I sent them a msg accusing them of ripping me off and got a full refund and returned the fork to the scammy bastard.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Just take note of the $685 seller and never buy form them. I have had some one on face book on sell a fork to me that was listed on here.
I sent them a msg accusing them of ripping me off and got a full refund and returned the fork to the scammy bastard.
Good outcome for you I guess - but just going to point in that in 99.9% of cases that's not going to work.

Whether they're scumbags flipping for profit or not - if you've agreed to the price and the item is as described they're under no obligation to take it back (morals aside).

Last edited:

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
I've gone back and forth with this...

So you bought a fork and then discovered they had purchased it cheaper from an on line forum and then on sold it to you for profit so you went back and I can only guess ranted that they over charged you until the seller gave you the money back? Or am I missing something?

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)

So you bought a fork and then discovered they had purchased it cheaper from an on line forum and then on sold it to you for profit so you went back and I can only guess ranted that they over charged you until the seller gave you the money back? Or am I missing something?
My assumption was seller took it back because he'd received a higher offer so could flip it for more profit. Harsh realities of the current world...

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Yes, Saw fork for sale on here but did not buy it because it had a chip in the stanchion.
I tired to buy another fork on fake book that was for sale but missed out. Same Seller had “another fork” and assured me it was not damaged.
I paid for and received slightly damaged fork.
Sent msg to the seller and told him I was ripped off. within an hour the dude had a refund on the way and a courier booked to pick it up. I did not even have to rant much. I would not buy from him again and have warned others when I see people commenting on his for sales post via a DM.

Edit @Wake Jake will remember this one.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Not be related but...of you haven't noticed, while the bike industry has gone bananas and prices are higher than ever, the snowsports industry seems to be dying! Not a surprise really, there aren't many Australians that have made it to a ski field in the last ~18 months. Any way if you like a bargain most domestic retailers are selling at 30% off or more. I've picked up a bunch of bits and pieces recently for around 70% off. Prices are almost as good as those glory days of the AU$ being high and the USA still shipping here.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I've picked up a bunch of bits and pieces recently for around 70% off. Prices are almost as good as those glory days of the AU$ being high and the USA still shipping here.
Now you can stack up your haul of new skis, snow shoes, jackets, hip flask and obligatory ski bunny wear and ogle and fondle them in the comfort of your home. All while getting all teary eyed that its is probably easier to go to Mars than to visit the closest ski field :oops:

We feel your pain Poods............