Banshee fanbois - V3 rear fender

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
One for the Banshee V3 riders out there.
Does anyone have a lead on a rear fender? I know that there is a design on the website but my craft skills are pretty shocking and I'd rather buy pre-made.
Anyone know where I can get one?
TIA!

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Not that I'm a fan of FB but have you either looked at their group or asked on the MTBR Banshee forum? Loads of owners there so they're bound to chime in..

Rorschach

Not that I'm a fan of FB but have you either looked at their group or asked on the MTBR Banshee forum? Loads of owners there so they're bound to chime in..
I'm a member of the group, but hadn't thought of asking there :facepalm:
Did think about MTBR but RB is generally more helpful!

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
I seem to recall that design guy from Poland(?) does one now. "Unique designs" or something like that. The link on the frame to get custom decals made up. Not sure on shipping. I figured I'd make one. Also can't really be bothered for now.

Rorschach

I seem to recall that design guy from Poland(?) does one now. "Unique designs" or something like that. The link on the frame to get custom decals made up. Not sure on shipping. I figured I'd make one. Also can't really be bothered for now.
Become unique? They look like they do some, will see if I can order some

Just buy some Kmart folders in plastic and get crafting... :)
Thats plan Z

@Rorschach have you tried Rushys?
Not yet, have asked the local Banshee guys via the WA dealer but nothing here. Will drop them a line

One for the Banshee V3 riders out there.
Does anyone have a lead on a rear fender? I know that there is a design on the website but my craft skills are pretty shocking and I'd rather buy pre-made.
Anyone know where I can get one?
TIA!

Rorschach

I dropped Become Unique a line, see what they say.
If there's interest I might buy a few and send them on?

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ooh, colour me interested! Not that fussed on decals but if they’re on offer I’ll need to have a think
No prob, let me know. Plan would be to just cut out from a display folio, pretty sure it will handle it, decals would be from premium Oracal exterior vinyl, or whatever other vinyl I have on hand, depending on colour

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
@Isaakk which one is that? I've been trying to convince my wife we need one in our house.
Cricut Maker, it's not perfect and the software sucks, but seems to be the better of the consumer options at the pricepoint. It does alright if you make your own vector files and only use the Cricut software to import & cut.

ausdb

Being who he is
Cricut Maker, it's not perfect and the software sucks, but seems to be the better of the consumer options at the pricepoint. It does alright if you make your own vector files and only use the Cricut software to import & cut.
Ta, wasn't sure about the closed ecosystem

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just an update for anyone interested, cutting worked out - kind of. Tried 2 types of plastic, 0.6mm and 0.4mm. The 0.6 makes a better fender as is a bit more sturdy (feels the same as those DirtSurfer mudguards) but the machine wouldn't quiiite cut all the way through, meaning they had to be finished off with a razor. 0.4mm cut perfectly, but is maybe slightly thinner than you'd want. Should still be sturdy enough for a fender though.

Have a few test cuts and spare left over if anyone else is after one.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Just an update for anyone interested, cutting worked out - kind of. Tried 2 types of plastic, 0.6mm and 0.4mm. The 0.6 makes a better fender as is a bit more sturdy (feels the same as those DirtSurfer mudguards) but the machine wouldn't quiiite cut all the way through, meaning they had to be finished off with a razor. 0.4mm cut perfectly, but is maybe slightly thinner than you'd want. Should still be sturdy enough for a fender though.

Have a few test cuts and spare left over if anyone else is after one.

And it even says Banshee