COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just released reasearch brief on delta and kids from the Murdoch Children’s institute..

a couple quotes..

“COVID-19 disease in children and adolescents is rarely severe, and very rarely causes death

• Children and adolescents who have COVID-19 will commonly have no, or only mild symptoms, similar to a cold”

“The Delta strain does not appear to cause more severe disease than previous variants, but because it spreads faster, the number of children who will develop severe disease and go to hospital will be greater”

https://www.mcri.edu.au/sites/defau...19-and-child-and-adolescent-health-140921.pdf

Minlak

custom titis
Just released reasearch brief on delta and kids from the Murdoch Children’s institute..

a couple quotes..

“COVID-19 disease in children and adolescents is rarely severe, and very rarely causes death

• Children and adolescents who have COVID-19 will commonly have no, or only mild symptoms, similar to a cold”

“The Delta strain does not appear to cause more severe disease than previous variants, but because it spreads faster, the number of children who will develop severe disease and go to hospital will be greater”

https://www.mcri.edu.au/sites/defau...19-and-child-and-adolescent-health-140921.pdf
Gotta love an each way bet - win win

Minlak

custom titis
Yup that’s science init.. At least it is ruling out the scare mongering..
Ruling out what? - it says both they won’t get it and they will get it - it says nothing of value to anyone. Like 90% of the shit people link and claim it’s something we just have to know

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
I’m a Master Builders member and I receive regular email updates. The emails have been getting more and more annoyed in tone. Yesterday’s email was pure exasperation. Like FFS guys stop being morons you are going to get us shut down! We have been lobbying the government like crazy to keep you idiots in work so Please please please follow the fucking directives! It’s easy! - paraphrasing.
The MBA are well aware they have been given a golden ticket. It’s a pity the majority of their members are too thick or stubborn to see that.
My guys (plumbers) are always masked up and equipped with PPE gear, sanitizer etc and always do checkin. They have been reporting back to me each day on what it’s like out there. Almost every site they have been to no other trades are wearing masks or signing in. We pulled out of a site the other day just due to the number there and again no masks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I went for a ride today, stuck a fiddy in my pocket for a beer on the way home (shift worker, my weekends are on different days).

Got just over halfway and thought about the Brighton Surf club... Faaaaak sake, no face mask. Rode home with no beer.

Thats the way it is here with no vid. They will tell you to put your mask on and if you are lucky and tell them its 'fallen out of my pocket', they'll give you one.

If there are none for customers, they tell you that you cant be served.

Pretty stringent considering.

This state is living like we had daily community cases.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
I went for a ride today, stuck a fiddy in my pocket for a beer on the way home (shift worker, my weekends are on different days).

Got just over halfway and thought about the Brighton Surf club... Faaaaak sake, no face mask. Rode home with no beer.

Thats the way it is here with no vid. They will tell you to put your mask on and if you are lucky and tell them its 'fallen out of my pocket', they'll give you one.

If there are none for customers, they tell you that you cant be served.

Pretty stringent considering.

This state is living like we had daily community cases.
I think it's a good strategy. Just make masks and distancing the done thing until way off in the future when we finally have it sorted.

Chopping and changing will incrementally (exponentially?) create more freedumb warriors each time.

At least this way, it is what it is and will be for the foreseeable future. Deal it it.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
What's that? Your buying a Specialized, to fill your cavity with masks?
I always carry a multitool so going to have to get creative... might stuff one inside my bars so I can remove the grip with an Allen key, or tape one inside my helmet... so much to think about :D